Monday 9 March 2015

YSL Touché Éclat Foundation Review : My Favourite High End Foundation?

A few weeks ago I posted a review of my favourite drug store foundation and today I am telling you all about my favourite high end foundation.
I have lusted over this Yves Saint Laurent Touché Éclat foundation for years after hearing so many amazing reviews and reading the big selling points like 'luminous,' 'lightweight' and 'glowing' which are factors that I always look for in a foundation.

YSL describe this foundation as the first ever illuminating magic light foundation. Infused with a lightweight fluid, Touché Éclat foundation targets shadowy areas and highlights the contours of the face. With buildable coverage, the foundation perfects the texture of any complexion and helps conceal imperfections, enhancing the skin's natural beauty.

"Quoted from Yves Saint Laurent 
http://www.yslbeauty.co.uk/makeup/le-teint-touche-eclat/1025YSL.html?dwvar_1025YSL_color=Beige%20Rose%2030&cgid=makeup#start=30&sz=12&cgid=makeup "

£31.50 from Boots 




To start with, the packaging of this foundation is absolutely beautiful. I love all YSL product packaging and this foundation is stored in a tall glass bottle with gold top. Obviously this isn't ideal for travelling although it is guaranteed to stand out and look beautiful on your dressing table. Another plus is the fact that you get a pump dispenser which is something surprisingly uncommon among many high end foundations and also reduces waste.

I was very impressed with the wide shade range that was on offer with this foundation along with the fantastic service I received at the YSL counter at the Trafford Centre Boots where I was matched perfectly to my foundation in the shade BR20.
The shades are either listed as BR (Beige Rose) which is for people with cool pink undertones, BD (Beige Dore) which are for people with warm golden undertones and finally B (Beige) for people with beige undertones to their skin.

Coverage 
As stated above, YSL describe this foundation to have a buildable coverage which I agree with to a certain point. Truthfully I would say that you can only realistically achieve a light to medium coverage with this foundation. You will be able to cover small imperfections whilst still giving a very natural and healthy finish which is what I personally love. To sum up I would say this is  'good skin' in a bottle as it always makes me look more awake and healthy whilst still giving nice coverage.

Texture 
The texture of this foundation is one of the big selling points for me- it's very thin, creamy and lightweight therefore blends into the skin effortlessly. I find that I can use any brush to easily blend this foundation into the skin and it gives that 'no makeup' flawless skin look which can be very difficult to achieve with most foundations that end up looking extremely cakey and patchy on the skin. A big thumbs up from me to YSL!

Finish
Touché Éclat gives a very luminous and dewy finish which is where a few people may be put off however I've found that this can be easily minimized with a mattifying primer and powder which will still give you a healthy finish but with a little less 'glow'. On the other hand, I do love the luminous glow that you can achieve with this foundation and I personally don't find it 'shiny' on my skin at all- my tip would be to really work it into your skin which is when I find you achieve the most beautiful glow.

Lasting Power
The lasting power isn't great, although it can obviously be extended when paired with a good primer and setting powder. I have personally found this foundation to last between 4-8 hours on my skin which may be an issue with some people although it is something that I am willing to put up with considering I love all the other factors it achieves.

Skin Type
I have normal, dehydrated skin with occasional dry patches and I find this foundation works perfectly on me, especially since the formula is very moisturising.
I would highly recommend this foundation to anybody with normal, combination or dry skin although if you have oily skin I would recommend to stay away as this more than likely won't work for you.

Here's a photo of me before and after applying the foundation. I used no primer or powder and the photo's aren't edited. (Excuse my bushy brows and how tired my eyes look!-haha!)




Overall I am extremely impressed with this foundation and am very glad that I decided to spend amount of money to see what all the fuss was about.
I still think that £31.50 is a lot of money to spend on a foundation although I would definitely say that it would be great addition to any Christmas or birthday wish list or for something to spend those sneaky Boots club card points on (Keep saving and reward yourself!)

If you are tempted, why not go and ask for a sample at your nearest YSL counter and give it a go for yourself, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!










No comments:

Post a Comment