Monday 23 March 2015

What's On My Face? Special Occasion Makeup

I've recently been experimenting a lot with makeup and have been very happy with the final results that I've created. In this post I will talk you through the different products that I used and a few of my tips and tricks for re creating this look.

Base

I was after a very high coverage, matte base which is usually a good choice for an evening / special occasion makeup.
L'oreal have recently launched a new foundation, Infallible Matte, which claims to give a high coverage, matte finish that lasts for up to 24 hours (quite a big claim that I'm sure many people will find hard to test out!) The consistency of this foundation is very liquid"y" which I wouldn't expect however it does live up to the claim and gave me a matte high coverage.
To apply this product, I used a classic flat foundation brush which will always give a higher coverage over a buffing brush although may take a little longer to blend in. 
I've used this foundation only a few times so far so I don't have a full impression just yet however I found it worked well on this occasion. 

To conceal a few imperfections I used my trusty Rimmel Wake me Up concealer and I also sweeped a bit under my eyes to brighten that area.

I decided to go heavy on the face sculpting and strongly contoured my face- to start I used a dark brown concealer shade and subtly worked the colour into the hollows of my cheekbones using a small buffing brush until it blended completely into the skin with no harsh lines. 

Once I've used all my liquid/cream face products, I used Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder to set all the makeup in place and to also give something for following powder products to cling onto. 

To further contour my face, I used MAC Charcoal Brown eye shadow which is a matte brown shade and  I used a small buffing brush to repeat the sculpting process on top of the already applied cream contour. To make this look as natural as possible I always get my foundation buffing brush and gently blend the colours together again to get rid of any possible harsh lines. 

I love using highlighers to give my face a special glow and for this occasion I used MUA's eye shadow in Champagne along with MAC's Soft & Gentle highlighter to dust on the tops of my cheekbones using a soft medium sized brush.



Eyebrows 

I went for a strong, defined eyebrow which I think always pulls my face together and suits me very well. I am planning to write a post all about how I groom and fill in my eyebrows as I'm always getting asked questions about them, although for now I'm just letting you know that for this particular look I simply used MAC Brun eye shadow and the Ben Nye AB4 small angled brush to gently shape and define. 

Eyes 

I've recently been obsessed with this eye shadow pallet from MUA called Romantic Efflorescence and used it to create this eye look. I think that these pallets from MUA are fantastic value for money as you can pick one up for just £4 in Superdrug and I've found the quality to be fantastic and to be just as good as many of my more expensive shadows. The shades I used to create this look were Firey , Lavish and Reveal. 

Using my favourite mascara, Maybeline The Falsies, I generously coated my lashes to give myself super long, separated and voluminous 'false looking' lashes. 

Winged eye liner is something that I've never been confident doing however recently with a lot of practice I finally feel like I'm finally getting there.
With the aid of sticky notes (search 'eye shadow sticky tape trick' on youtube if you don't know what i'm on about- although I'm sure you do -hahah!) I created a super neat line and flick with a small angled brush and MAC Fluidline gel liner.




(pictured above: MUA pallet, MAC custom pallet (shade burn for eyebrows), concealer pallet)


Lips

I wanted my eyes to be the statement in this look therefore decided to go nude on the lips and I simply used MAC lip liner in Spice all over my lips and finally to give a glossy finish I sweeped over this Natural Collection clear lip gloss.




I hope you enjoyed this post from me- what do you think of this look?

What would you like to see my write about next? Let me know in the comments below! 







No comments:

Post a Comment