Thursday 26 February 2015

Kiko Cosmetics



This week I discovered Kiko Cosmetics which is an Italian brand who have recently opened stores in the UK. They offer affordable products whilst not slacking on quality.
In their shops you will find makeup , nail polish, skin care and beauty accessories such as false eyelashes and makeup bags. 

I visited Kiko's London store which is on Regent Street and I also visited their brand new store in Oxford in the Clarendon shopping centre. 

First off, the store inself is beautifully laid out and has a very 'high end brand' feel. The products are presented clearly and things are easily accessible. 
The store in London was much bigger as you'd expect and they had two floors for you to explore. 

The staff in both stores were very helpful and friendly , I'd never visited Kiko before so found their advice very useful.
Whilst I was shopping I also noticed a few staff offering free (I think?) makeovers which is always helpful if you want to try out something before you buy.







Onto the actual products and what I think of them so far. I made my own 9 piece eye shadow pallet which turned out to be a great deal as they had offers on all single shadows and a second deal where if you buy a certain amount of shadows , you get a pallet for free. 
The 9 piece pallet is pretty chunky therefore I can't see it being great for travelling considering my MAC 15 piece pallet is only a little bit bigger than the KIKO one; however the eye shadows themselves are much bigger than MAC therefore you get plenty of product for your money. 
I've found the quality of these shadows to be very good although the bolder colours have a much better pay off than the lighter shades. 
I noticed that the majority of the eye shadows KIKO had to offer were shimmery so if you're really into matte shades then these probably aren't for you. 
Overall I was very impressed with the KIKO eye shadows because they are great value for money, the quality is very nice and they apply well. If I could ask for any changes I would prefer a bigger colour range, slimmer pallets and better pigmentation in lighter/pale shades.

Shade numbers from top, left to right:
410, 245, 270
279, 293, 402
236, 233, 219

(My favourite colours are 233, 270 and 245)



I'm always changing up my lipstick so I like to have lip liners in various colours to match.
I love MAC lip liners although they're quite pricey for what they are so I thought I'd try out one from KIKO. I got the Smart Lip Pencil in 710 which was around £2-3. 
I absolutely love this product and think the quality is amazing- almost as good as MAC (although not quite!) and it worked really well paired with my MAC Media lipstick. The formula is soft and it doesn't pull on the skin which makes it easy to draw a perfect edge. 
I'd really recommend these lip liners from KIKO and I know that I'll definitely be buying more in the future.



Next I decided to buy this Smart Eye Pencil in 802 which is a dark brown, bronze colour.
I've not tested this out properly yet although I don't like the feel of it on my skin as it feels chalky and it doesn't glide on smoothly. The colour is nice and I think it would make a nice change from black liner although I'm not too impressed with the formula.




My final purchase was the Face Make Up Fixer which claims to gently set makeup in place using natural ingredients that will not irritate the skin. I've wanted to try something like this for a long time however I've found it difficult to tell if this product actually works or not. I think it would be fantastic if you want a very long lasting face of make-up that will last all day with a matte finish however if you're after a dewy finish and suffer from dry skin then this may be something to stray away from. 
I'm still testing this out so I don't have a final opinion on it yet although I'm sure it will pop up somewhere in a future post if I love or hate it. 

Overall I am very pleased to have discovered KIKO cosmetics and would recommend anyone to have a look around if they're ever nearby a store.

Have you ever tried anything from KIKO? What did you think of the brand and products ? Let me know in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment