Friday 20 November 2015

My Kit Co Makeup Brushes & Accessories.: The Launch Party & Review

On Tuesday night I was extremely fortunate to be invited to the exciting launch party of My Kit Co which is a brand new collection of high quality makeup brushes and accessories designed for professionals by James Molloy. I had never been to an event like this before so I was extremely excited when my tutor from college managed to invite myself and 3 other students along to this fantastic evening.

The launch was held at the Cloud 23 bar in the Hilton hotel, Manchester, giving us the most amazing night time view of the city. On the evening we were each greeted with a goody bag and a quick hello from James himself who was very friendly and welcoming. We could really tell how passionate he was about the brand and how much effort and time had gone into making it the best he could.
Throughout the night we were treated to a live demonstration from James himself on two stunning models, Rachel Marston and Louise Cliffe where James showed us a few simple looks using a few of his favourite brushes from the collection. There was also a mini stall selling the whole collection of brushes and accessories at an exclusive 20% off.

Inside our goody bag, we were gifted one small face brush, two My Kit Co face charts, some brand badges and a handy clear pouch makeup bag. I think that these brushes are probably one of the softest I have ever felt and I cannot wait to start using them. The brush that we received in our goody bag was a small soft face brush which I can imagine to be perfect for applying precise powders, for example highlighter and blush.
I really need to improve my face chart art/ drawing so I am sure that these blank face charts will come in useful for me to get practising. I am obsessed with keeping my kit super organised and neat so I love clear pouches to keep all my products separate and tidy. I was really happy to see that we were gifted one in this goody bag.

Now onto the products that I bought for myself with the impossible to resist exclusive 20% off discount- after seeing James use the brushes in his demonstration I could not help myself buying a few of his recommendations! I bought three brushes which were the 1.6, 1.3 and 3.4.
1.6 Smoothing Shadow is a small compact fluffy eye brush which reminds me of MAC's 217 brush but the My Kit Co brush is more compact so I can imagine it to give a more precise application whilst still being soft enough to blend out colour.
The 1.3 Defining Crease brush is long and tapered so will be perfect to help achieve a clean cut crease with smooth definition through the eye crease.
3.4 Expert Line & Define has an ultra fine brush tip made from natural fibres, the shape and finish of this brush will be perfect for achieving an expert finish when lining the lips. James Molloy was demonstrating how to use this brush and he managed to create an extremely neat bold lip in seconds which definitely helped persuade me to buy the brush for myself!
All of these brushes are extremely soft and well made; from the solid wooden handles and tightly crimped bristles to ensure the longest life of your brushes, each piece is finished to the highest quality and I can definitely see where the care and thought has gone into the process of each makeup brush.

I also decided to pick up one of the My Kit Co makeup brush rolls after seeing how many brushes it fits in with such a small overall size. This soft and durable brush roll has multiple compartments and a protective fold, making sure that the brushes are not only protected but are easy to access and find quickly. I already have a brush belt that wraps around my waist however I thought that this roll would be ideal for when I want my brushes laid out on a work station and on view to easily access.

Have you ever perfected a flawless base then found a mark on the cheek from where your hand was resting? Me too! .. Well these Deluxe Puffs are designed to protect the face whilst applying makeup and can also be used for application of powder. I know that these will be great to use when touching up makeup on set, especially when photography is used to avoid any hand marks/ finger prints on the models face.




I am extremely grateful to have been given the opportunity to go to the My Kit Co launch party as I know that the brand will be extremely successful and impress so many customers.

Check out the My Kit Co online website where you can order your brushes and accessories now!

http://www.mykitco.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment