Monday 30 November 2015

Christmas Gift Guide 2015: What to Buy for Her

Christmas is just around the corner and the shops are getting more and more crowded as the weeks go on with people hectically trying to find the perfect gift for their loved ones. Buying for others can be tricky, especially finding something unique, special and something that they would not usually buy for themselves.

In this post I am going to be sharing with you my gift ideas for the girl in your life who already seems to have everything. I have included various present ideas suited to different budgets so whether you are looking for something small or maybe you are willing to splash a little extra cash, I should have the perfect present idea for everybody.



Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Pallets
I think that any makeup addict would be extremely happy to find a luxury eyeshadow pallet under their tree this Christmas. Urban Decay eyeshadows are my all time favourite; the quality is outstanding and the shade range is fantastic. There are 4 full sized Naked pallets on offer which include the Naked original, Naked 2, Naked 3 and Naked Smoky. Personally, my favourites are the original Naked and the Naked Smoky however they would all make a brilliant present.
Setting you back £38 for one of the full sized Naked pallets, with 12 shades inside each; I think that the value for money is great considering the quality, although on the other hand if £38 is slightly pushing your budget then Urban Decay also offer two smaller basic eyeshadow pallets at £22 each. The Naked basic pallets are ideal for achieving a simple day time eye and would be a great gift for somebody who is just starting to get into makeup.

Lush Bath bombs
There's nothing better than running a warm bath in the winter time and it is always such a treat to use a colourful fizzing bath bomb to make it even more special. Everybody loves a pamper night and I think that gifting a few goodies from Lush will always be a winner.
Lush have a massive range of pamper essentials, from their colourful bath bombs, sweet shower gels and luxurious skincare, I am sure you will be able to find something perfect.
You may choose to buy one of the pre-wrapped gift boxes which Lush bring out every Christmas, however if you want to get a more personal gift, you could select a few different items which you know your friend will love and wrap them up yourself.
A few of my favourite Christmas products from Lush include the Snow Fairy shower gel, Candy Mountain bubble bar, Luxury Lush Pud bath bomb and Cupcake face mask.

Lipstick
A luxurious lipstick will always put a smile on any beauty fanatics face, there is something so special about unwrapping a sparkly lipstick and revealing a clean crisp bullet ready to be loved. Brands including Chanel, YSL, Charlotte Tilbury and MAC are ideal and are bound to put a smile on their face. Red lipstick is timeless and you can also never go wrong with a creamy wearable nude- try and pick the colour that you think suits their personality best.


Phone Case (Sighh Designs)
I have recently discovered Sighh Designs which is an online store where you can buy various handmade/ hand drawn products including phone cases, tote bags and mugs. All of the products are hand drawn and I really love all of the designs and ideas. Polly Vadasz, the artist and creator is extremely talented and has come up with some fantastic and original ideas that I know many of you will love. On her online store you can find a variety of products although the phone cases are my personal favourite and I can imagine them to be the perfect gift. The phone cases range from £12-£18 so they make a nice affordable gift.
Check out Sighh Designs by clicking here.

Beauty, Fashion & Makeup books
There are many interesting beauty, makeup and fashion books on the market today which are a brilliant read for anybody interested in the topic. I have read and loved Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes many times and cannot fault it; I have picked up many tips and tricks from reading it and could not recommend it enough to any beauty fanatic out there. If  you would like to read more about my thoughts on this book then you can click here to read my review.
A few other books that I would also like to mention are Face Paint by Lisa Eldridge, Miles of MAC and Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual which would all make a great gift.
Reading something held in your hand is much more special than reading a computer screen and I love to collect books like these to reference back to in either my blog or researching for a project in college.

Makeup brushes
I am hoping to receive some makeup brushes for myself this Christmas so I thought that it was only right to include them in my gift guide. Good makeup brushes can be pricy but they are also a great investment which can last for years so I think that they make an ideal gift.
Real Techniques have good quality affordable brushes, I use these brushes almost daily and really love them. I would recommend the Real Techniques core collection brush set which has everything a girl could need for creating a flawless makeup base. These brushes would be great to buy for somebody who is just starting to get into makeup.
If you have a slightly larger budget then I would recommend the makeup brush sets from Zoeva.
Zoeva is a German brand and you can order their brushes online at BeautyBay. There are many different sets available ranging from £30- £110. These brushes are extremely high quality and I think that the sets are very good value for money comparing the price to other high end brands.


Subscription (Magazine, Music; apple music or Spotify)
Still stuck for an idea? Does your loved one seem to have everything they could ever need? Then maybe they would appreciate a slightly different present this year like a subscription to their favourite magazine or a music app. You could sign them up to receive their usual magazine of choice to their door every month- maybe Vogue, Elle, Glamour or OK?
Spotify Premium and Apple Music are both subscriptions you pay for to receive access to music offline and to listen add free. This would be the perfect gift for the music fanatic in your life.
I think that this is a very personal and thoughtful gift that would not be expected and a nice surprise that can carry on even after the big day.

..

I hope that this has helped you out if you're stuck for what to buy for the girl in your life.
What have you put on your Christmas list this year?
Happy holidays!



1 comment:

  1. Lipstick and Lush Bath bombs are like my favorite gifts in the world. Recently gave both to a friend of mine and she absolutely loved it. She even called me back when she used it. Buying gifts can be so hard but thank you for your insights and guides to the best gifts. This will help me so much, thanks.

    Sheila @ Custom Candle Co.

    ReplyDelete