Tuesday 10 November 2015

MAC Makeup Haul

As many of you already know, I am currently in my second year at college studying hair & media makeup which I absolutely love and am extremely passionate about. Last week us students were lucky enough to get a visit from one of the UK's MAC senior artists who gave us a demonstration of some current high fashion trends and she also treated us to a one off 35% off discount to redeem at our local MAC pro store.
I obviously couldn't resist the fantastic opportunity to build up my kit with such a great discount and in this post I will share with you what exactly I picked up on my exciting shopping trip!





Face & Body Foundation, N1 N5 N9
I really love face & body foundation because it is so versatile; you can mix it with other products or simply use it alone to give a beautiful glowing sheer coverage.
This foundation gives a light coverage and has a very watery consistency which may not sound ideal for your glam night out looks however I think that this is an essential in any makeup artists kit because it is fantastic to use on all skin types whilst being easy to mix with other products to give different effects- eg. mixing face & body with a small amount of a full coverage foundation will give a flawless medium coverage base without looking cakey. Face & body is great to use backstage for a catwalk model as the brief of these jobs is usually a very glowing 'skin like' finish with little coverage. I also find face & body to work perfectly for male makeup/ grooming.
I already have the shades C1, C3 and C9 in my kit so I decided to add a few more tones and shades to make it easier for myself to find the perfect colour match to all of my clients/models.



Sculpt & Shape Powder, Lightsweep Shadester AND Bone Beige Emphasize
I have been after some good contour powders for a while now so when the MAC girl who was helping me fill my shopping basket recommended these two compact powders to me, I couldn't resit giving them a go. Lightsweep Shadester is best for paler skin whilst Bone Beige Emphasize is perfect for warmer skin tones- both great additions for my kit to ensure that I always have the right shades for everyone.




Pro Longwear Paint Pot, Groundwork
I have used and loved MAC's paint pot in the shade Painterly for years so I decided to pick up one in another popular shade, Groundwork. The MAC senior artist recommended this product when she visited my college so I knew that I had to pick it up. The colour is a soft warm brown and I can imagine it to be perfect to use as an eyeshadow base on all skin tones as well as working alone all over the lid for an easy natural look.
I already know that these paint pots are extremely creamy and bendable so I know that I will enjoy using this.

Fluidline, Blacktrack
Gel eyeliner is my favourite form of liner and I have already used up an entire pot of this stuff so without a doubt I knew that I would be picking up another pot on this shopping trip.
I love blacktrack fluidline which I always use paired with a fine bent eyeliner brush to give a super sleek winged cat flick- it is by far the best eyeliner I have used and I will always go back to it.




Eye Khol, Coffee
I like to use MAC's Feline black eye khol for smoky eyes however when I want to achieve a more subtle natural look, brown eye pencil seems more appropriate. Coffee eye khol pencil was recommended to me by the shop assistant and I am sure that I will love it as much as I love my other pencils from MAC.

Lip Liner, Whirl
Along with MAC's eye pencils, I absolutely love their lip pencils so I could not resist picking up another in my recent shopping trip. Ever since Kylie Jenner revealed what exact products she uses to achieve her famous pout, MAC's Whirl lip liner has been almost impossible to get hold of- I must have dropped lucky because when I visited the store last week they had just received an order of fresh sparkly lip liners ready to be sold. Of course I had to pick one up and I now I should be able to see what all the fuss is about!





Lipstick Matte Royal
MAC lipsticks are my all time favourite and I always struggle to leave the counter without slipping one into my basket. I love bright, bold shades and I have been desperate to get my hands on this brand new blue lipstick that was launched just a few weeks ago and has now been made into MAC's permanent collection. I have never seen a lipstick similar to this so I knew that it must go into my ever growing collection.

Lipstick Moroange
I love creating high fashion makeup looks and bright lipstick is always a fun way to add a pop of colour or to be the highlight of the whole face. Moroange is a beautiful bright block orange colour that I am sure will look fantastic on camera and be really fun to work with.




Mineralize Skinfinish, Medium
Loose translucent powder is usually my go to powder for most makeup looks however when I want a little more coverage for say a glamourous party makeup or maybe a photography photoshoot where flawless full coverage skin is essential, a powder with extra colour and coverage is a great product to have in my kit. Mineralize skinfinish is one of MAC's bestsellers so I knew it had to be worth a try and I am looking forward to using it.



Fix +
Fix + is another one of MAC's bestselling products and I have heard people rave about its multi use purposes including setting makeup into place and to be used with loose pigments and powders. I have previously used similar products from drugstore brands that have a much smaller price tag so I thought that whilst I was receiving a discount I would pick up Fix+ to see if it really is worth the extra pennies compared to its cheaper alternatives.



Strobe Cream
Strobe cream is a cult beauty product that I have heard so many great things about but never tried for myself so I decided to give it a go and see what all the fuss is about. Strobe cream is designed to use under your makeup to help you achieve glowing and healthy skin whilst working as a good base for makeup. I decided to pick up a mini sized to go version of the stuff to try out before I splurge on the full sized bottle.

Oil Control Lotion
I have never used any skincare from MAC before and I was interested to see how this lotion would perform; I am guessing that it will be a great makeup base and it will be fantastic to use on people with a more oily skin type or for when I want the makeup to last longer than usual with a matte finish. 





No comments:

Post a Comment