Monday 24 August 2015

Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 Pallets- I finally Caved!

After years of hearing beauty fanatics rave about how amazing the Urban Decay Naked eye shadow pallets are, I finally caved and decided to buy one... or two! :')
I was always put off by their expensive price tag, which will set you back £38 per pallet giving you 12 wearable nude shades in each pallet.

I have always favoured MAC eye-shadows and I have filled a whole 14 piece custom pallet which is filled with my favourite MAC shadows that I chose myself; I love this pallet however when I work out how much money the entire pallet cost me, with each inset being £10 each on top of the cost of an empty pallet to start - it's a little scary!
In comparison, the Urban Decay pallet's overall seem a little more appealing and I'm not sure why I never invested in one before.

As many of you already know, I am a media makeup student at college and I aspire to one day become a makeup artist in some part of the industry so I am always trying to build up my kit to make jobs easier and give myself the opportunity to learn about and experiment with different products.... (some sort of excuse for buying more makeup right? haha!)

I searched online and read a ton of reviews on all the Naked pallets that Urban Decay have on offer, including the original, 2, 3 and their latest launch of the smokey pallet- I wanted to find out which pallet would suit me best and I found out that the original pallet was mainly warm toned bronze shades, the naked 2 was more cool toned, the 3rd pallet had pink tones that suited paler skin tones best and finally the naked smokey is as it suggests a pallet full of deep, rich shades that are perfect for creating a slurty smokey eye.
I was torn between the original Naked pallet and the Naked 2 as I thought they would both be great to use on all different skin tones and eye colours. In the end I decided to buy both as I knew I would use both pallets for different looks and considering I already know how amazing Urban Decay eye-shadows are, I knew I wouldn't regret my purchases.

I am very excited to start using these pallets more and start creating new looks with them, so far I am very impressed with the quality of the shadows and I love the colours, a few of my favourite shades from the Naked 1 are Buck, Sin, Toasted and I also love Half Baked which is duplicated in both pallets. Naked 2 holds 12 beautiful shades and my favourites so far include Foxy, Bootycall, Verve and Blackout which is an extremely pigmented matte black- perfect for a smokey eye!

Do you own any of the Urban Decay Naked pallets? Which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments! :)




(Pictured above, makeup:
Clarins True Radience Foundation
L'oreal BB powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade
The Body Shop Honey bronzer
MAC Heroine lipstick
URBAN DECAY NAKED PALLETS 1 & 2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment