Sunday 11 May 2014

Tanya Burr's Brownies!

Tanya Burr recently uploaded a video on her Youtube with her own recipe for some healthy chocolate brownies. I decided to give them a go because they sounded and looked very good. In this post I'm going to be showing you photos of me baking the brownies and I’ll include a brief recipe although if you want to watch Tanya’s video where she explains fully how to bake them; here is the link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtwBjpFoZow



Ingredients-  (UK measurements!)
105g Coconut Oil
300g Dark Chocolate
400g Coconut Sugar (I used soft brown sugar)
170g Ground Almonds
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Mashed Avocado
1 tsp Baking Powder

3 Eggs 





To start with, you need to melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a pan on a low heat.




Once the two ingredients have melted together, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar.




Next you need to add your vanilla extract, ground almonds, baking powder and the avocado to the mixture. (I had to put the mixture into a mixing bowl at this stage because my pan was too small!)

Once you have mixed the ingredients together until it’s smooth, add the 3 beaten eggs and combine them in.

That’s it! Now pour the brownie mixture into a prepared tin (I greased my tin with coconut oil)
Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 26 minutes.






Once the time is up, take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool before cutting them up into small pieces. I found mine were extremely gooey (as you can see in the photos!) although I popped them into the fridge for about an hour and they turned out perfect! 







These brownies look and smell really good and I can’t wait to try one! Well done Tanya for creating a great recipe 

4 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try these since I watched her video! Do they taste like avocado or do they taste like normal brownies? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't taste the avocado, they are just like normal brownies but I found them very gooey!!! I'd still give them a try because they were very good :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the measurements!!!!!! I live in Czech Republic and we don´t usually work with cups. My brownies are in the oven right now - and they smell damn delicious already! :D :D Again, big thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my second time trying these brownies! last time they were amazing and were gone within a day! my second batch are in the aga now and i cant wait to eat them! thankyou for this recipe

    ReplyDelete