Sunday 3 August 2014

French Pharmacy & Beauty Haul

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've just returned back from my holidays in France where I purchased a few things from the great pharmacies over there.

French pharmacies are full of amazing different products including the best variety I've ever seen! I loved having a nosey around and finding new things which I'm excited to try out and today I'm going to share with you what I got. I also picked up a few makeup/beauty things whilst I was away so I've included them in this post too- enjoy!



I've never owned anything from La Roche Posay before so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try something out whilst in France because they have a massive choice of a variety of different products from the brand. Before I went away, I did some research and heard Amelia Liana rave about certain products in one of her videos, she recommended the La Roche Posay Serozinc so I had to pick one up when I saw it in the pharmacy. Serozinc is a Zinc Sulphate toning solution which is said to be soothing and cleansing: and at just around 5 euros, it sounded great to me! I’ll let you know how I get on with it.



Something else from La Roche Posay which I've heard many beauty bloggers talk about is the Cicaplast Pro-recovery skincare which I believe has a slightly similar use to the Elivabeth Arden 8-hour cream (which I love!). It claims to be an intensive moisturiser to help dry, flaky skin and can also be used to hydrate lips. I've already tried this out once and so far I like it- the formula is very nice and creamy unlike the 8-hour cream which can be very sticky.

Another moisturiser from La Roche Posay that I picked up is the Hydreane Riche which claims to be a great base for makeup with dry skin and sensitive skin. I also decided to buy this because it was on offer to get a free bottle of their Toleriane dermo- cleanser which is a cream cleanser and I was intrigued to try it out.



Nuxe’s Reve de Miel is a very popular lip balm in the blogging community so I decided to give it a try. The description was very appealing- lip moisturising stick with honey & sunflower and I have definitely not been disappointed! I got two sticks because they were on offer and I've already used up half of one throughout my week away, the product is very moisturising but has an almost matte finish on the lips which I love. I'm sure you will be hearing about these lip balms in a future favourites post so stay tuned!

I also got two of the Dermophil Indien lip blams which I've used before and loved. They are just your average cheap lip balm but I find that they are great to throw into your handbag and are very nourishing and hydrating on the lips.





You may be expecting a few big bottles of Bioderma to pop up in this post however I've decided to test out a few alternatives after realising how many cheaper micellar cleansing waters there are to choose from. I found this big 500ml bottle in the supermarket for around 5 euros which is a great price and I also like the pump on the bottle which Bioderma doesn't have. I've tried and tested this product whilst I was away and although it works fine at taking my makeup off- I am not the biggest fan- it has a slight smell which I don’t like and it feels like I'm putting product onto my face whereas Bioderma simply feels like water. I'm still not ready to go back to Bioderma and keep spending a little too much money on the stuff so I'm going to do more research and try to find a good cheaper alternative- any suggestions?

Bit of a random one here but I liked the packaging and smell of this shower gel from Boujours that I spotted in the supermarket, it’s a lovely fruity ‘summer’ scent which is very refreshing and sweet.



Being a big fan of the Rimmel nail polishes- I get excited when I spot a new colour that I've never seen before so I had to pick up this beautiful bright orange polish in the shade ‘It’s a Scorcher’ which looks like a very toned down version of Models Own ‘Beach Party Hed Kandi’. Another nail polish that I found for just 1 euro at a market is this teal shade that I thought looked pretty and I haven’t got a colour like it.

Finally the last thing that I've got to show you is this eye shadow pallet that I got for just 2 euros! It was very cheap and the colours aren't ideal however I thought it would be good for experimenting with different looks and the colours seem to be very well pigmented which is great.



Thank you for reading this post and I hope you've enjoyed it- let me know if you've tried any of these products before and what you think of them.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you got some great things! I'm going to Paris in October so you've given me an idea of some things to pick up.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh such a great haul! I really want to try some of the La Roche stuff - they seem to be really popular and effective! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete