Thursday 3 July 2014

June Favourites

It’s July! So it’s time to tell you exactly what I've been obsessing over this month.
I have made a few exciting discoveries this month so I've got a fair few products to tell you about, I hope you enjoy the post.

The Body Shop seems to be taking over my favourites this month, I absolutely love their products right now, and I’ll start by mentioning the Vitamin E hydrating toner. I've only ever used a toner once before and that one dried out my skin and didn't feel very refreshing. However I am very impressed with this one from The Body Shop. It’s very refreshing and doesn't irritate my skin, if you want to know more information about it, click here to read my skincare routine post.

Another product from The Body Shop Vitamin E collection which I really like is the Illuminating Moisture cream. I think this could be a hit or miss product for some people but I really like it, it’s a moisturiser which has tiny light reflectors inside which gives your face an illuminating glow. I wouldn't wear this moisturiser alone however with makeup on top; I love the subtle glow that seeks through the skin. The moisturiser itself is really nice; it’s very hydrating and suits my skin well.


I've not owned The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil for long but I already love it so had to include it in this post! I heard lots of good reviews about this cleanser and I really love skincare at the moment so I had to try it out- and I wasn't disappointed! I simply get some product onto a cotton wool pad and gently sweep it across my face to cleanse my face and remove makeup. I've found this to remove my makeup really well which I wasn't expecting- it even does a good job at removing Benefit They’re Real products (if you own some- you’ll know what I'm talking about!) The smell isn't too strong but is nice and subtle.





Garnier bought out a new coconut shampoo & conditioner this month and if you know me, you’ll know that I'm obsessed with anything coconut so I had to give them a try! I was very impressed with the quality; I have been using Aussie shampoo for months, thinking it was the only good hair brand however these products from Garnier are just as good in my opinion (plus they smell amazing which a bonus !) I personally don’t like to use conditioner every time I wash my hair so I like to have a nourishing shampoo- this coconut shampoo from Garnier does just the job and makes my hair silky smooth J



The past few months I've really been struggling to find a good nail polish which lasts. My nails have not been in great condition recently and only keeping polish on for 1-2 days. This was until I tried out Tanya Burr’s nail polish in Little Duck. I've owned this for a while now but not sure why I stopped using it because it’s such a lovely colour and is amazing quality. The colour is a perfect summer shade and it also lasted me about 4 days which is very unusual with my nails. This is also a favourite because Tanya herself retweeted my photo of my nails whilst wearing this on twitter which made me very excited!



When I went to Paris a few weeks ago, I picked up the Benefit They’re Real mascara in duty free because I've been tempted by it for so long and thought I’d finally treat myself. I have been a little bit more sneaky since and also treated myself to the They’re Real Push up Liner however I've not fully tried and tested that yet but I will report back when I have! Back to the mascara - I agree with the hype and think that it’s great, it makes my lashes voluminous, long and keeps them separated. I was a bit put off this to start with because I'm not a big fan of the OOT false lash look; however I've found that you can build it up so I tend to stick to one layer for a natural look. Stay tuned to my blog because I'm hopefully going to be doing a double Benefit They’re Real review of the mascara and liner.



I've mentioned these next two products before in different posts so I'm not going to ramble on too much about them now- however I have really enjoyed using MAC Charcoal Brown with Benefit Gimmie Brow ontop for my eyebrows. I find the Benefit gel is a great setting product and ensures that my brows stay in place all day and the MAC shadow allows me to get a good shape.



Two more Body Shop products here- whoops!

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer is a great bronzer for fair skinned ladies who want a subtle glow or some definition. I've been using this a lot this month and have really been converted to contouring because I've finally found an affordable bronzer which isn't too shimmery or too orange.




My final favourite from The Body Shop is the coconut body mist. I absolutely love this because it leaves a lovely subtle coconut scent which lingers on the skin/clothes for a long time. I really like the bottle- it feels like a very expensive product although at just £7.50, it’s an affordable body spray for the amount of product you get. I really love the scent and I know that it’s perfect for summer!



I have a couple of non-beauty favourites this month which include a book which I'm sure many people have heard of called The Fault in our Stars by John Green. I've literally just finished the book last night and I loved it so much; it’s a sad story although the mood is very uplifting and really makes you think about things you wouldn't usually think about. I really want to go and watch the film now that I've finished the book because I enjoyed reading it a lot.



My final favourite is H&M. I've always loved the shop however recently I've been finding so many great things in there and for really affordable prices which is an added bonus! For example I got a pair of super stretchy treggings (basically jeans without the zips/buttons) which I have been wearing nearly non-stop since buying them. I've also been finding lots of amazing printed skirts in H&M for under £10 which is great and perfect for summer.

I hope you've enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments what your favourites have been this month and if you recommend that I try any of them.
Speak to you soon! X  

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I absolutely adore TFiOS as well, the movie adaptation was amazing too! REALLY want that Tanya Burr nail varnish so may have to go to Superdrug ASAP :D

    // Jade x x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete