Friday 13 October 2017

MAC Haul : Makeup Artist Kit Re-Stock

MAC Cosmetics is a brand which takes up a big part of my makeup artist kit and I have used and loved their products for years. MAC offers a generous discount to working makeup artists which allows us to build our kit with their products. MAC also have a specific 'pro' range which consists of artistry designed products; these products have been specificaly designed for professional makeup artists and are only available in MAC freestanding pro stores and online.

Unfortunately for me, being a northern gal, the only freestanding pro stores in the United Kingdom are in London and MAC only accept my professional discount in these stores and online.
On a recent trip to London to visit my brother who has recently moved to the big city, I took advantage of the opportunity to visit MAC and use my artistry discount.

I took this opportunity to stock up on some of my favourite and most loved products from MAC and also pick up a few new products to try out. Keep reading to find out what I picked up .....



Prep & Prime Fix+ 
Fix + is an essential product in my makeup kit; it has multiple uses and I use it as part of the skincare routine, to refresh the skin during and after makeup and also when using eyeshadows and loose pigments. Fix + is a lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals designed to give an instant boost of hydration whilst delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup. 
I have been running low on my beloved Fix+ so I made sure to pick up a fresh bottle on my trip to MAC. 

Oil Control Lotion 
If you have ever had your makeup done by me, then you will know that I never without my favourite moisturiser, Embryolisse Lait Creme which is a super rich cream moisturiser and is great to use on normal/dry skin. However being a makeup artist I have to cater for every skin type and have a range of different products in my kit to suit everyone. MAC Oil Control lotion is a fantastic moisturiser for oily/very oily skin; I recently used this on a bride whose makeup I was doing and she had extremely oily skin which never usually holds makeup for more than a few hours- although when I used the MAC Oil control lotion (along with other pro long wearing products), her makeup lasted all day and night. 

As a makeup artist, it is important to have products to cater for every client and their skin type so I always make sure that I have a great moisturiser that works for all skin types. 

Prep & Prime Essential Oils Stick 
I believe that the only way to create a flawless makeup is to spend time to focus on your skincare and prep before applying a touch of makeup. I was recently working with a fellow makeup artist who used this Essential Oils stick and I couldn't resist picking one up on my recent MAC splurge. 
I love using oils as part of my skincare so I am excited to try this out. 



Blot Powder
When applying makeup, I don't like a powder to leave a finish on the skin that affects the makeup underneath. I want a setting powder to do its simple job of mattifying the skin and setting the makeup into place without doing anything else that interferes with the makeup.
MAC blot powder is a simple powder which does the job. It is an essential product for me and it is my go to powder to use on set to mattify the skin and keep shine at bay. I use the shade Medium and I find this to work on every skin tone since the powder has little to no colour therefore all of the shades are almost identical.



Pro Longwear Paint Pot, Painterly 
I have tried many eyeshadow primers over time although none have ever topped MAC's pro longwear paint pots. I have used and loved this product for a long time and I use it as eye primer and base for eyeshadow; the paint pot provides an opaque base which creates the perfect surface to blend eyeshadows on top. I picked up the shade Painterly which is a great shade to suit fair skin tones. 


Eyebrow Pencil, Spiked 
I go through phases of using different products on eyebrows and recently I have loved using a pencil. I like to mimic the appearance of small hairs by using thin strokes using a pencil and I have found this to give the most natural but full look. MAC eyebrow pencils have a super thin point which allow you to easily sculpt out your desired shape. The product is the perfect consistency and can be brushed out to give a natural look with no harsh lines. 
My only criticism with this product is that it does not last long, I usually get about 1 month's use out of one pencil which isn't great considering its high price tag compared to other brands. 
I picked up the shade Spiked which is a deep brown and is great to use on brunettes. 



Lipstick & Lip liner, Myth & Stripdown 
I don't know about you but I can never go into MAC without picking up a new lipstick to add to my ever growing collection. MAC lipstick's are the only lipsticks that I use in my kit and I can always rely on them for providing me with the best quality and shade range. 
Myth lipstick is a classic nude shade which I have been meaning to add to my collection for a while. Myth is a light neutral nude in a satin formula. 

To go with the lipstick, I picked up Stripdown lip liner which pairs perfectly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment