Thursday 7 May 2015

My Skincare Routine (Updated)

I always make the effort to take special care of my skin and I believe that a perfect face of makeup always starts with the perfect skincare routine.
Everybody's skin is different with different concerns/needs although I have decided to write up my own skincare routine that helps me keep my skin clear, spot free and healthy.

I have always had some sort of routine, whether it was simply a small layer of moisturiser or some lip balm when I was 12, I have always been interested.
I am now 18, my skin is very normal, occasionally being dry and dehydrated in certain climate conditions, although overall very well and healthy which I owe to my consistent routine.

In this post I will be talking you through my morning and evening skincare routine, from how I keep my skin hydrated, to how I keep spots at bay.


Morning 

Splashing my face with water and giving it a good wash will always helps wake me up in the morning. I have been using the Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream wash and Exfoliating Daily wash for years, I swear by them and I can thank them for my almost spot free teenage years.
I start by gently massaging the exfoliating wash onto my face, then simply washing off with a flannel and warm water. Normal exfoliation every day is harsh on the skin, however the beads in this wash are gentle enough to be used every day and my skin has never had any problems.
Next I will apply the cream wash that feels very cooling and leaves my face looking fresh and healthy.

Once I am ready to put my makeup on, I will use a moisturiser beforehand to hydrate and prep my skin. I love using either the Nivea Soft moisturising cream which is a fantastic, cheap cream that works on all skin types and will last you months. Another favourite of mine is the Garnier Moisture Match moisturiser for normal to dry skin; this collection from Garnier is brilliant as they have a variety of moisturisers for all different skin types, so whether your skin is extremely oily or incredibly dry, they will have a moisturiser for you.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream is my lip life saviour, you can use this cream in many different ways but I mainly use it on my lips. The texture is similar to Vaseline however I find that it deeply nourishes and hydrates my lips whilst also leaving a super glossy finish, it is also great to add a shine to a matte lipstick.





Evening 

Leaving a face of makeup on overnight is probably one of the worst things you can do to your skin so I always make sure that mine is completely off when I'm in bed.
Micellar water is fantastic to quickly remove all makeup and my favourite one from Garnier because it removes everything easily without being harsh on the skin- it feels like water.

If I want a more indulgent / pampering method of removing my makeup then I will use The Body Shop Silky Camomile cleansing oil which I massage all over my face (including the eyes) and then simply wipe away using a muslin cloth and warm water to be left with a fresh, makeup free face. I love this product as it effectively removes makeup (including eye makeup) and leaves my skin feeling clean and hydrated.

If I am wearing a lot of heavy eye makeup, I will use The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye- Makeup remover which is great at removing even waterproof makeup whilst not irritating my eyes.

Once I've removed any visible makeup, I then like to further cleanse my face to remove any left over product. I'm always trying out new cleansers however I particularly like and always go back to the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean cleansing milk which feels very nourishing and smells great.

Using a toner isn't always necessary although if you want to target a specific concern, such as dehydration or acne, then it might be worth giving one a go. Every now and then I will use The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating toner and sweep some product all over my face on a cotton pad, it is nice to use and I like to think that my skin benefits from using it however I do not find it an essential part of my routine.

I have recently started using The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum which is targeted for dehydrated skin and I am enjoying using it so far, I apply one pump of product and massage it over my whole face then let it sink in before I apply my moisturiser.

For my evening moisturiser I like to use the Re Gen Cream which claims to help prevent stretch marks, scars, dry skin and blemishes. I picked this up in Home Bargins for under £5 and I am extremely impressed- the product isn't thick, but feels super hydrating and sinks into the skin quickly. I'm not sure if this will competently prevent spots from occurring, however I have found it to make the appearance of my skin to be better and I would also say that my skin has felt softer and more hydrated since using this.








Do you have any skincare secrets? What are your favourite products to use? Let me know in the comments !







No comments:

Post a Comment