Wednesday 9 July 2014

Review: Benefit They're Real Mascara AND Liner

I'm sure you have heard about Benefit’s new launch of the they’re real push up liner. I recently purchased both the mascara and new liner from the they’re real collection and thought I’d review them both in one post for you.



I’ll start with the mascara which I got in duty free last month when I went to Paris and was able to get it for a slightly cheaper price.

This mascara retails for £19.50 on the high street which I personally think is overpriced for mascara however I do really like it and I am very impressed with the results.
Benefit claim that the mascara ‘lengthens, curls, volumises, lifts & separates lashes for a spectacular “out- to here” look’. I do agree with the majority of these points and I've found its one of the only mascaras that I've ever used which lengthens AND volumises- I usually find mascara is only good at one or the other.

One of the biggest ‘wins’ for me is that this mascara is extremely long wearing- one thing I hate with mascara is when it flakes off throughout the day and falls onto your cheeks. They’re real mascara doesn't do this! It stays on my lashes all day long and they look as dramatic as ever without having to re-apply throughout the day.

I really like the brush on this mascara; it’s specially designed to maximise the performance of the long-wearing, glossy formula. The staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume to the lashes. The precision bristles help define and curl even the smallest lashes- perfect!

This mascara is very buildable, you could apply one coat and get natural-full looking lashes or you could apply a few heavy coats to get an impressive ‘false lash’ look without having clumpy lashes. I personally think that it’s a great all-rounder product for everyone.

Overall I am very impressed with the Benefit They’re real mascara and would recommend it to anyone who wants to give their lashes a slightly expensive treat!



Now onto the liner! Benefit has been advertising this product for a while now and it was finally launched last weekend to the public. I happened to be shopping on the day it launched and got dragged over to the Benefit counter to have a nosey at the new liner. After having one of the lovely girls who works at Benefit try out the liner on me, I was slightly naughty and purchased it after being so amazed at how easy and impressive it looked.

The liner retails at £18.50 which again, is very pricy for just an eyeliner and I definitely won’t be buying this again carelessly without any thought! However I do really like this eyeliner and I am happy that I decided to buy it.

It’s the first ever lash-hugging gel liner in a pen- gel liner is known for being a tricky thing to do and many people think that only professionals can master the technique, however now Benefit have launched a gel liner in pen form which makes it easier and quicker to apply.

I was expecting the liner to be slightly easier to apply myself because I do find myself having to be careful and slow when using it however I have found it easier than other liquid liners that I've used in the past.

Just like the mascara, this liner is extremely long wearing which I love. I've found it to look perfect even after a whole day out without having to touch up.

To get a simple everyday winged line with this, you simply twist the bottom of the pen to dispense the gel out of the angled tip then drag the pen from your inner corner all the way along then flick out at the side. You will get an impressive jet black, matte line which hugs the lashes to make your eyes appear bigger.

The only downsides for me are that this gel is very quick drying and I find it hard to clean up quickly if I make a mistake. Also If I apply it too thickly I find that throughout the day it can sometimes start to ‘flake’ off in patches which isn't great.

Overall I am very impressed with this product and am glad that Benefit launched it. I would like to do some more research to see if I could get a similar product for a cheaper price because I think that this liner is very over priced for what it is although I am very happy with the product at the moment.



I hope you found this post useful and that it’s helped. I think that both products used together give an amazing look and I love it :) 




Thank you for reading- speak to you soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Your lashes look amazing, it genuinely looks like you're wearing false eyelashes! Definitely going to have to save up for some of this mascara now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mascara looks amazing on you Alice!! I got the tester from a magazine a while ago but it really dried out my lashes and made further applications much more difficult!

    The liner looks amazing though,
    Chloe // throughchloeslens

    ReplyDelete