Wednesday 16 July 2014

Quick & Easy Glamorous Eye Makeup

I've had a few compliments on a certain eye look which I've been wearing a lot recently. It’s fairly easy to achieve and doesn't require a lot of products so I've decided to create a mini tutorial on how to do it! I hope you enjoy this post and maybe learn something new :) 

To start I applied a small amount of MAC paint pot in Painterly all over the lids to create a nice, blank base and to prime the eyes. This step could be optional however I like to do it to ensure that the shadow stays on all day/night.



To get a neater finish with the shadows, I decided to get some thin sticky note strips and I stuck them on going from the outer corner of the eye at an angle to meet where the eyebrow would naturally end. One thing I would recommend when doing this is to start with your eye makeup then go onto your face make up to ensure no shadow will fall down and mess up your face. If you want to read more about this trick, click here to read Amelia Liana’s post about it.

Next I got the MAC eye shadow in Naked Lunch which is a beautiful, shimmery pink toned champagne colour and I applied it all over the lid with a MAC 217 blending brush (any eye shadow brush would do the job). I also took this colour right into the inner corner of my eye to brighten.





With a finer, more defined brush like this double ended one from Primark; I got MAC Satin Taupe eye shadow and roughly lined this colour in the crease of my eye lid. Don’t worry if this turns out messy because next you will be blending it out completely with a clean blending brush. I used another MAC 217 brush and kept blending till I was happy with the result.






Back with Naked Lunch eye shadow, I gently swept some colour onto my brow bone to highlight and to also blend together the two coats of shadow already applied.

At this stage you could take off the tape like I did or you could keep it on to help guide you when applying the liner. If you don't like the harsh look that the tape could possibly give- simply get a clean brush and buff it out until you're happy. 



I really think that using eye liner completes a look and makes it look more impressive, for this look I used the brand new Benefit They’re Real Push Up Liner (which I love!- click here to read my review) and carefully lined my upper lash line, ending with a slight flick. I won’t go into too much detail about my eye liner because I am definitely no expert on the subject and still have a lot to learn, however I do find that the results I've been achieving with this new gel liner have impressed me and I love the finish it gives.


Eyelash curlers are never something that I've used before because my lashes are already naturally quite long so I didn't think I needed them. However recently I've found that curlers help to separate my lashes which help to avoid clumps when applying mascara afterwards. I really like these ones from Models Own and I also love the bright orange colour!

After curling my lashes I then went onto applying my Benefit They’re Real mascara which creates the most amazing look and paired with the liner, it gives the perfect ‘wow’ lashes!



This last photo is NOT with the eye makeup that I have shown alove- It's simply to show the mascara and liner because I messed up my liner on the original makeup look. 

That’s my look done- It’s really simple and easy to achieve but very impressive. I found it to be very long wearing and quick to do.

I hope you've enjoyed this post from me and I’ll speak to you soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Alice, this looks AMAZING! You have such amazing eyes and eyebrows too! I wish I could get my eyeliner looking that nice, haha!
    I nominated you to complete the Liebster Award to find out more about you :)
    here is the link http://jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award.html
    I hope you enjoy participating!

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty and simple eye look, you have the longest lashes!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete