Monday 12 May 2014

Seventeen Skin WOW 3 Way Highlighter Review

I was looking for a cheap/drugstore highlighter after trying the Benefit High Beam which I love (although I don't love it's price tag!), so I went into boots on a hunt! Highlighters aren't very common with the drugstore bands so it was difficult to find one. 
No.7 and Seventeen were the only brands I found that sold one so I thought I’d give the Seventeen one a try considering it was only £5.99 and I've never been keen on No.7 products. I wasn't expecting much from this product but I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and tried it out.

The highlighter claims to be a multi purpose product and says it can be used as a primer underneath your makeup, that it can be mixed with your foundation and that it can be used as a primer over your makeup. I agree with the last 2 statements although I've not tested it as a primer so I can’t comment on that.

This is a liquid product with a pump so it makes it easy to apply with your fingers which I think is best when using a highlighter.





If I want to highlight my cheekbones, leading above my brow bone and down my nose (where the natural light hits my face), I like to dot the product in a C shape then I blend it in by dabbing the skin with my finger.
 I used this highlighter in my summer makeup post (http://aliceemarie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/summer-makeup.html ) so you can go and see how it works and looks on the skin.

If I think that my skin is looking slightly dull after I've finished my whole face of makeup, I like to get a tiny bit of this highlighter on my fingers, then I apply it to my whole face (like I'm applying a moisturiser) and I find It gives my skin a really nice glow which is perfect if you love the dewy skin look like me!

One con with this product is that it can turn a little TOO shimmery if you pump out too much so make sure that you are cautious with how much you put onto your face because you don’t want to look like a disco ball! I've actually found that one pump is too much for me so I end up wasting some of the product which is a shame.


Overall I really love this highlighter and I am very impressed with the quality considering it's only £5.99. I think that it’s perfect for the summer because it gives my skin that extra boost and makes it look very healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment