Saturday 23 January 2016

MAC Lipstick & Lip Liner Collection

If you know me then you will know that I am absolutely obsessed with MAC lipsticks.
I recently took the plunge and depotted my whole MAC lipstick collection into an empty pallet which has made my collection more accessible and it also takes up a lot less room in my makeup kit.
Being a makeup artist, it is extremely useful to have all of your lipsticks in one place, especially to have on view for clients if they want to wear a particular shade.
I love all of my MAC lipsticks and think that I have the perfect collection for my kit. Whether I need a pinky nude or a bold and daring orange or purple- I should be prepared for any look.

MAC lipstick's and lip liners are my go to lip products and if you want to find out which ones I keep in my makeup kit, then keep on reading.......




LIPSTICKS:

Shy Girl
Starting with the nudes, Shy Girl has a Cremesheen finish which is probably the most comfortable and creamy finish that MAC do. This is a coral beige pink shade with a golden undertones and I think that it looks especially nice on tanned skin.

Angel
Angel is a baby pink shade in a frosted finish. I am not such a big fan of MAC's frosted lipsticks as I find they have the least pigment and have the least flattering finish.
Having said that, I would use Angel on someone with more warm undertones in their skin to give a baby pink 'doll' look.

Plink
This was my first ever MAC lipstick and I have vivid memories of visiting the MAC counter in Harrods, extremely excited to be buying my first ever 'high end' lipstick.
Plink has a Lustre finish which is similar to a Frost in that they are very comfortable and moisturising however this lipstick has a better pigment and is more flattering on the lips. Overall, this is a lovely pinky nude that is easily worn daily for almost every skin tone.
If you're a newbie with makeup and are looking for a nice every day lipstick, this one is for you!

Crème in your Coffee
I usually favour bold, statement colours over nude tones when it comes to lipstick and you probably wouldn't find me wearing the shades above very often as I usually go all out or not at all when it comes to my lips. Crème in your coffee is my perfect nude lipstick because it gives a good wash of colour without being too powerful. This has a Cremesheen finish which is probably one of my favourite finishes as it provides a lot of comfort and moisture whilst still giving amazing colour pay off. Crème in your coffee is a beautiful deep rosey brown with a creamy finish that leaves your lips looking healthy and plump.

Plumful
Another nude that isn't too nude, Plumful is a Lustre lipstick that would be perfect for taking you from day to night. As the name would suggest, Plumful is a pinky plum shade which is comfortable to wear and lasts a long time on the lips.

Royal Azale
Royal Azale is the ultimate Barbie doll lipstick, I love to use this for fashion and photographic makeup however it would probably wash out people with fair and cool undertones. This isn't my most versatile shade as it only flatters a few different skin tones but keep reading to find out my perfect alternative that suits almost everybody.



Girl About Town
This is a great statement bold pink lipstick that looks great on most skin tones and especially paired with a simple eye to create a stand out look. Having an amplified crème finish, Girl About Town is extremely comfortable to wear whilst still giving a great bold colour.


Candy Yum Yum
Another bright pink, Candy Yum Yum is a matte lipstick with blue undertones. This has a matte finish although like most other MAC matte lipsticks it is still extremely easy to wear without drying out the lips as some matte lipsticks sometimes do.
Candy Yum Yum is a fantastic statement lip colour that suits both fair and darker skin tones, compared to Royal Azele, this is a great bubble gum pink shade.

Morange
The loudmouth orange; Morange is a brilliant neon orange shade that is perfect for fashion and photographic makeup. One swipe is always enough- this lipstick has a great pigment and lasts for hours on the lips. It's a crazy colour but it is definitely a must in my kit!

Ruby Woo
Looking for the perfect red lip? Then look no further than Ruby Woo!
This is my ultimate red lipstick and I recommend it to almost everyone. Ruby Woo is a great bright pillow box red however my only criticism is that it can sometimes feel uncomfortable and drying to wear.  Having a retro matte finish means that the lipstick is extremely pigmented and has strong lasting powder. I would always recommend to use a good lip exfoliator and balm before applying this colour to prevent it being uncomfortable and drying on the lips.

Russian Red
An alternative to Ruby Woo is Russian Red- this is a much darker red although whilst it still gives a matte finish, I find that this lipstick is much more comfortable to wear and doesn't dry the lips out.
Russian Red is the perfect shade for everybody and always works well on special occasions because it has brilliant lasting powder whilst still being comfortable.

Heroine
If you read my 2015 beauty favourites then you will know that Heroine is one of my personal favourite MAC lipsticks. I love to wear this paired with a simple eye using layers of mascara to give a statement pop of colour. Heroine is a bright cool toned purple that has a matte finish and is flattening on most skin tones.



Rebel
Don't be fooled by the bullet of this bold lipstick, giving the impression of a much deeper shade, Rebel is in fact a soft pink plum colour that is bold but not overwhelming. I would recommend this if you want something bolder than a nude but not quite as daring as an extreme bright purple.

Media
Media is a vampy deep berry with a pinky plum undertone. This lipstick has a satin finish which is one of my favourite formulas- it is creamy and moisturising whilst still giving off great colour and lasting power. I think that Media is the perfect oxblood shade which is perfect to wear on special occasions.

Matte Royal
This is one of the latest editions to my collection and I picked it up as soon as I spotted it in the shop as I have no other lip colour like it. As its name would suggest, Matte Royal has a matte finish and is a deep, dark purple blue shade. Similar to Heroine lipstick, I love to use this paired with a super simple eye to let the lips be the big statement. To further enhance the look I often like to press an eyeshadow on top of this lipstick to give a metallic funky finish that looks great in fashion and photographic makeup.

Cyber
If you aren't afraid of dark bold lips, then Cyber is a must have in your collection. With a satin finish, Cyber is a unique black plum shade that I absolutely love.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture 39
This lipstick isn't by MAC and is in fact a YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick, however I like to keep it alongside my MAC shades in this pallet because I love how glossy and rich the colour is whilst still giving a bold and daring finish.



LIP LINERS:

Soar
Soar is the perfect pink nude shade that is an essential in my kit. It matches perfectly with any pinky nude lipstick such as Shy Girl, Plink and Angel.

Whirl
In comparison to Soar, this is a darker pink/ brown toned shade that looks lovely paired with most nude lipsticks.

Spice
Spice is probably my all time favourite nude lip liner and I am constantly reaching for it in my kit whenever I want to achieve a strong nude brown lip. I especially love to pair this with Crème in your Coffee lipstick to get a great plump pout.

Cherry
Everybody needs a classic red lip and Cherry lip liner is my favourite to pair with various different shades of red colour- whether I am going for a bright red or a deep berry red, Cherry never fails to amaze me.

Heroine
Heroine lipstick is a very unique colour and I found it difficult to find a good lip liner to match it perfectly. Most of the time I can get away with my lip liner and lipstick not perfectly matching although with Heroine I found it tricky, so I decided to make the investment and pick up the coordinating lip liner which is the perfect colour match.
Now I can rock my purple lips as much as I desire!

Nightmoth
If you like to wear deep berry lipstick then you need Nightmoth lip pencil in your collection. It is the ultimate liner that works perfectly with all deep and dark lipsticks. I like to pair it with various different lipsticks including Rebel, Media and Cyber.




Which are your favourite MAC lipsticks and lip liners? Do we have any in common?
Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked my post! I don't think you need to buy a corresponding lip liner for each lipstick you buy- as long as you have a good nude, red and maybe a deep berry then you should be covered! :) ... Alice Xxxx

    ReplyDelete