Monday 16 January 2017

My Favourite Makeup Brushes

Makeup brushes play a big part in creating a flawless makeup and I think that they are really important. Brushes can help you to make the most out of your makeup and guide you when applying products. It is definitely worth doing your research when deciding which brushes to buy so I have decided to write this post which will hopefully guide you in the right direction.

I believe that investing in good quality makeup brushes is the best option. They can be pricey but if you take good care of your quality brushes, they should last a very long time.

I have a handful of favourite makeup brush brands which I trust to provide me with good quality brushes which will perform and last well.



Real Techniques 
Real Techniques is a fantastic brand with quality makeup brushes at affordable prices. Professional Makeup artists, Sam and Nic Chapman help to design the Real Techniques brushes which gives me a lot confidence that the products they produce are of great quality.

I particulary love the Real Techniques face brushes including their Expert Face brush, Sculpting brush, Setting brush and the Blush brush. The Expert Face brush is brilliant to use when applying foundation and the Setting brush is the best brush that I have ever used for blending concealer underneath the eyes- it is AHmazing!
I use all of these brushes regularly and I recommend them to everyone.

Considering the quality of these brushes with their affordable price, I think that they are great. On the other hand I have experienced the brush hairs shedding and handles becoming weak over time which suggests that they do not last.

Real Techniques brushes are made from 100% synthetic hairs and they are a cruelty free brand. You can buy the brushes at BootsUK, Superdrug and online at Feelunique.




Zoeva
Last christmas I was gifted the Zoeva Luxe Complete makeup brush set and I have been obsessed with the brushes ever since. Zoeva is a German makeup brand which you can buy online from Beauty Bay and Selfridges online and selected stores across the UK.
These brushes are mid-price range and are of a fantastic quality.

In my professional makeup kit I mainly use my Zoeva brushes because I know that they will perform well, look smart and keep their shape and quality even after thorough sainitizing in-between makeup applications.

Like I mentioned above, I own the Zoeva Luxe Complete makeup brush set which features 15 of the brands finest brushes, made from a custom blend of natural and synthetic bristles. I would highly recommend this set; it includes a fantastic variety of brushes to ensure that your makeup application is flawless every time.

I love all of the Zoeva brushes and a few of my favourites include the 102 silk finish which is my favourite foundation buffing brush, 102 concealer buffer which is a great brush for applying concealer underneath the eyes and around the nose. I also love the 317 wing liner brush which I use to apply eyebrow gel to give a crisp finish.

If you love MAC makeup brushes but are put off by their expensive price tag then Zoeva is the perfect affordable alternative. Zoeva have so many dupes for MAC brushes for example the Zoeva 227 is basically identical to the MAC 217 (and for more than half the price!)





MyKitco
MyKitCo is a makeup brush and makeup accessory brand owned by renowned makeup artist, James Molloy. MyKitCo have a great range of products designed for both professional artists and makeup enthusiasts. When you order makeup brushes from MyKitCo you are guaranteed high quality products.

I love my makeup brushes from MyKitCo because they are fantastic quality, have a professional feel, are affordable and last well. The brushes are all extremely soft to touch and they pick up and blend makeup perfectly. Considering the high quality, I think that these brushes are extremely good value for money and I would recommend them to everyone.

My favourite brushes from MyKitCo are 1.6 Smoothing Shadow, 1.7 My Ultra Multi, 1.11 My Tiny Liner and 3.4 My Expert Line & Define.

If you want to find out more about MyKitCo and the products that they sell, check out their website here and my previous posts about the brand, here and here 



Crown
Crown brushes is another professional artistry brand which have a large range of quality brushes at affordable prices. Unfortunately, Crown brushes are difficult to get hold of in the UK and I have only ever been able to buy their brushes at makeup exhibitions such as IMATS and online.

A few of my favourite brushes from Crown include the C139 Stiff Tapered Crease which is a fantastic soft brush which applies eyeshadow effortlessly in the eye crease. I also love the SS036 Small Cheek Contour which I use to apply foundation and concealear around the small point of the face (around the nose, under the eyes.)






1 comment:

  1. This is really informative that the way you describe I’ll really appreciated your work. Hope I'll come back to get some more information.
    Best Affordable Makeup Brushes

    ReplyDelete