Monday 25 May 2015

MAC Makeup Haul

To celebrate surviving a tricky week and finally passing my driving test, I decided to place an order with MAC to pick up a few new things to try out and treat myself :)



I love MAC eyeshadow's and already have a large collection, however I felt like I was missing some more adventurous bright colours that I know will come in handy as I recently got accepted to carry on my studies and I have a place on a Level 3 Media makeup class which will start in September- I am so excited! .
I decided to pick up Chrome Yellow and Stars 'n' Rockets because I have nothing like either and I know that they will be great for creating fun and crazy looks. The pigmentation of both shadows is great and they give the ability to build up super vibrant colours that will look amazing on photograph.



MAC sell their regular pigments in a large 4.5g pot for £17 and I personally think that considering you only need a small amount each time, one large pot would be almost impossible to finish so I was very pleased to see that MAC now have a few of their best selling pigments in smaller sized to go pots for just £10.
MAC pigments are brilliant multi- use products with amazing pigmentation and I already have the shade Naked which I love for adding a touch of shimmer on the eyes or face for a glistening look.

Melon is a soft bright golden peach and I think it will be perfect to wear in the summer all over the eyes with a sleek black winged liner and layers of mascara.



 After Kylie Jenner revealed that she uses MAC Soar lip liner to give herself fuller, plump lips, everyone ran to their nearest store and it has been almost impossible to get your hands on since. I must have struck lucky because whilst I was browsing online, I saw that Soar was back in stock so I quickly added it to my basket to see what all the fuss was about.

I already own a few lip liners from MAC and I think they are brilliant- the colour pigment and texture is always spot on. Soar is a mid-tone pinkish matte brown and I am very impressed so far.
It is definitely a more pink tone nude and I think that it looks great worn alone or paired with a pink toned nude lipstick, for example Rimmel Kate Moss 03 which is one of my favourite nude lipsticks.
I have found that it is easy to slightly over line my lips using this liner without making it too obvious and I can definitely see myself using it a lot over the upcoming months as we head into summer.


Finally, I picked up Heroine lipstick which I have been eyeing up for a long time and I am so glad that I finally caved because I have been wearing it non stop since it arrived!
I absolutely love wearing deep purple/ red toned lipstick however I find that it is sometimes only acceptable to wear shades like MAC Cyber in the winter so I was after a bold, dark lipstick that would be more 'summer appropriate.'
Heroine is a matte bright purple and absolutely love it. This lipstick is very unusual and it would be the perfect statement maker- I think that it would be great to wear with very simple, 'hardly there makeup' to make the colour really stand out without being too overpowering or tacky.




Do you have anything on your makeup wish list from MAC? I have always got a never ending list! :)

Shall I write an updated MAC lipstick and eyeshadow collection? Let me know in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. Love the lip pencil, such a pretty colour! I currently don't really have anything on my MAC wishlist, I think I'm more of an impulse buyer haha :) xx

    Floralchaos

    ReplyDelete