Friday 26 February 2016

Inside My Custom Made Z- Eyeshadow Pallet

I absolutely love eyeshadow pallets and I have a fairly large collection of them stored in my makeup collection. My custom made Z pallet is my favourite eyeshadow pallet which I am constantly reaching for and I find it to be the most versatile and practical pallet to carry in my kit. I could easily use only this pallet and be able to create a multiple of different looks for whatever the occasion.

A Z-Pallet is an empty magnetic pallet that you buy on it own which leaves you to then pick and choose your own individual eyeshadows to build up your own custom made pallet. MAC, Morphe, Anastasia Beverly Hills and Makeup Geek all make individual eyeshadows which will fit inside the Z Pallet.

I have the large Z-Pallet which fits roughly 28 single eyeshadows inside. I love the Z-Pallet because it is extremely sturdy and compact whilst still being able to fit plenty of eyeshadows inside. I bought my Z pallet online from BeautyBay.com

Inside my Z-Pallet I mainly have MAC eyeshadows along with a few shadows from Morphe and Makeup Geek.




White Lies, Makeup Geek
Starting on the left of my pallet where I keep my neutral shades I have Makeup Geek White Lies eyeshadow. This is a fantastic matte white shade which is extremely pigmented and ideal to use as a base shade all over the eye lid. I think that having a matte white shadow is essential in my kit and this one form Makeup Geek is the best I have tried.

Shroom, MAC
Shroom is a soft beige white with shimmer. I like to use this as a subtle highlight either on the brow bone or in the inner eye corner.

Naked Lunch, MAC
I really love this eyeshadow and I think it looks beautiful when applied all over the eyelid paired with Satin Taupe (MAC) blended through the crease- I remember when I first got into makeup and that was my one and only go to eyeshadow look. This eyeshadow has a pink shimmer and is always one of my favourie shades from this pallet.

Peach Smoothie, Makeup Geek
Makeup Geek eyeshadows are extremely high quality and they never fail to disappoint me. Peach Smoothie is the ultimate transition shade for absolutely any look- I use this by blending the colour just above the eye crease which helps any other shaddows that I apply afterwards blend easily without leaving any harsh edges.

Quarry, MAC
I really like to work with cool toned colours and Quarry is a great muted plum brown that is ideal to use when I want to achieve a smoky taupe eye.

Satin Taupe, MAC
This is another one of my all time favourite eyeshadows and I have re-purchased this single eyeshadow multiple times which shows exactly how much I love it. Similar to Quarry, Satin Taupe is a cool toned taupe shade although it has a beautiful silver shimmer running through unlike Quarry which is a matte shade. I love to blend this through the eye crease paired with a lighter shade washed over the eyelid.

Frappe, Makeup Geek
Frappe is a great matte warm brown shade which is always handy to have in my kit. I love to use this for a warm brown smoky eye with a smudged black liner and lots of mascara.

Cocoa Bear, Makeup Geek
Another warm brown shade which is great to pair alongside Frappe.
I love to carry bright and fun colours in my kit and natural shades can sometimes be a chore to buy but it is extremely important to have a variety of different shades to suit all clients.
I love the quality of these Makeup Geek shadows and I particularly love Cocoa Bear which is a fantastic essential neutral shade. 



Charcoal Brown, MAC
I love to use this shadow to fill in fair- medium eyebrow hairs and is it also a great colour to use when creating a neutral smoky eye.

Brun, MAC
Similar to Charcoal Brown, Brun is ideal to use when filling in eyebrow hairs whilst this is great for darker brow hairs. Having a light brown and dark brown matte eyeshadow in my kit is great because I don't need to carry separate eyebrow products which takes up less room and is less hassle since I have everything in one place.

Embark, MAC
I find myself reaching for Embark when I want to darken up a look but I don't want to use something as harsh as black. It is a nice dark brown shade that compliments most colours and blends nicely through the eye crease.

Deep Damson
Deep Damson is one of my least favourite shades in the pallet because it doesn't have the best pigment and it takes a few coats for the colour to properly show up on the eye lid. Having said that, it is nice to use when creating a cool toned taupe smoky eye paired with Satin Taupe, Quarry and Embark.

Gorgeous Gold, MAC
This shade is very unique and I have nothing else like it in my collection. Unlike the name would suggest, I wouldn't describe this as gold but instead more of an iridescent yellow olive green colour. I like this however it is not one of my most loved eyeshadows because I don't think it suits everybody.

Sumptuous Olive, MAC
If you are after a glamourous and sultry olive green shade with hints of gold then this eyeshadow is for you. I really love this unique duo-chrome shade which looks stunning paired with deep browns blended through the eye crease.

Cranberry, MAC
Cranberry is one of my favourite eyeshadows and I think that the quality and pigment is outstanding. This is a beautiful red plum with a pink shimmer which works like a dream and compliments almost every skin tone.

Stars N Rockets, MAC
I love to experiment with bright and vibrant eyeshadows and this bright purple with a pink pearl shimmer is one of my favourites. It can be tricky to find good quality bright coloured eyeshadows as many of them don't have the best pigment but MAC is one of my favourite brands to buy from because they have a fantastic colour range and the quality is always spot on. 



Mermiad, Makeup Geek
I love blue eyeshadow and I was extremely happy to hear that it is predicted to be a big trend this spring/ summer. This eyeshadow from makeup geek is amazing; I cannot rave about it enough. It is extremely pigmented and it blends effortlessly on the eye lid, what's not to love?!
I especially love to use this paired with Plumage (MAC), Fresh Water (MAC) and Coal (Morphe) to create a deep blue smoky eye (I will add a photo of this eye look that I created) 



Humid, MAC
This is the latest addition to my collection and I have only used it once however I am already really impressed and I am sure it will soon become one of my favourites.
I felt like I was really lacking some green shades in my pallet so when I was in MAC the other week I decided to pick up this intense green with a slight shimmer. I can't wait to use it more and see what looks I can create.

Plumage, MAC
You may have already noticed me talking about this eyeshadow already in this post and that is because I think it is a perfect shade that compliments various different colours to help them blend in the eye crease. Plumage is a dusky peacock shade which I love to blend through the crease when I want something deep but not too dark.

Fresh Water, MAC
You may be surprised to hear that this is one of my most used favourite eyeshadows ever (I LOVE IT!) because although it is a very electric and bright colour, I think that it looks stunning on the eyes whilst also being a great product to press on top of lipstick to give a quirky effect.
Similar to the Makeup Geek Mermaid eyeshadow, this is a great blue shade which is great to use for a deep blue smoky eye.
If I want to wear a bold statement lip, I love to apply MAC Matte Royal lipstick and then I simply press on top this eyeshadow using a flat brush. This is such an easy way to achieve a quirky and unique lip which I love to wear and it is also great to use in fashion work. 



Passionate, MAC
Passionate is a matte bright pink. This is a fairly new addition to my collection and even though I have not found many uses for it yet, I can imagine it to be great for fashion and editorial work.

Red Brick, MAC
If I want to create a warm smoky eye with a slight twist then Red Brick is always what I reach for. This matte orange red shade is very flattering and looks great when paired with some warm brown shades to help it blend.

Chrome Yellow, MAC
Chrome Yellow is another great crazy neon colour that is ideal to use for fashion and editorial work.

Coal, Morphe
In my eyes no eye shadow pallet is complete without a great matte black and this one is my favourite. A matte black shadow will always be used, whether I want to create a subtle eye line using a small brush or I want to create a super bold dark smoky eye- this eye shadow will always be an essential in my kit. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment