Monday 22 February 2016

London Fashion Week SS/2016 , Makeup Trends

London Fashion Autumn / Winter 2016 week has hit us and I have not stopped checking my phone to spot the hot beauty trends straight from the runway. I have also been looking at the electric trends set for spring and summer this year and I have decided to let you know what to expect this season.
Like always, I have been left feeling extremely inspired to step up my style along with my creativity in makeup. I noticed a few particular makeup trends scattered across the different shows this year and I am excited to start experimenting with them.

BLUE EYES

Whilst I was scrolling though pictures on my phone, I noticed a common trend throughout many of the shows where blue was used heavily on the eyes to make a statement. Chanel, Jonathan Saunders and Garth Pugh all used blue as a block colour on the models eyes.
Be prepared to see a pallet of sky, peacock, aquamarine and electric blue for spring/ summer as the makeup artists at fashion week made it clear that this was big news.
I absolutely love this trend and I can imagine it to be adapted to a more wearable look for the everyday woman.





Many brands are currently jumping on top of this idea to bring out products that will help you achieve this unique and fun trend.

MAC Fresh Water eyeshadow is a fantastic pearl blue colour that I really love. This eyeshadow is extremely pigmented and is easy to wear in a variety of different ways.
If you want to go all out and make a statement then why not pack this colour all over the eye lid, maybe paired with a softer blue or brown blended though the crease to make it blend nicely- I like MAC Plumage eyeshadow to do this.
On the other hand, if you don't want to be too daring but still want to experiment with this trend then you could pop on a coat of blue mascara to add a subtle flash of colour- KIKO, Benefit and Collection all make these.


















RED LIPS

Red lipstick is a timeless and classic makeup trend that will never get old; there are so many different variations of red to choose from which makes it perfect for almost everybody. 
During fashion week, I noticed that Celeine, Topshop, Andy Williams and Anya Hindmarch all made up their models with a bright red lip which made them appear fun, energetic and youthful.

Spring and Summer is the perfect time to wear a bright red lip and I think that it is an essential to brighten the latest fashion trends. Similar to the blue eyes, adding a pop of colour seemed to be a rec occurring trend that I spotted whilst scrolling through the pictures from fashion week. 
Pairing a bold red lip with a minimal and fresh face gives the impression of a well put together look without being too much or over the top.





To achieve your perfect lip you should always start with a good base; exfoliate and moisturise your lips before applying your favourite liner and lipstick to get you your perfect pout.  

I love to pair MAC Cherry lip liner with MAC Ruby Woo lipstick to get a great statement result. 


What did you think of the trends showcased at this years Spring and Summer London fashion week? Do you think you will be brave enough to rock some blue eyeshadow this season? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment