Monday 1 December 2014

My Winter Essentials

Winter, or just the time leading up to Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year. I love the changing environment, the dark nights and not forgetting the Starbucks Christmas drinks that always put a smile on my face!

I decided to put together my winter essentials which basically involves all the things I love using/wearing/eating/drinking at this festive time of year, and this is what I came up with...

Dark Lipstick
I always find myself reaching for darker lipsticks this time of year and it definitely feels more acceptable ! I actually wrote a blog post ALL about my favourite lipsticks for autumn/winter however my absolute top 4 picks are ;MAC Rebel- a more daring deep purple/pink colour that will last literally all day, MAC Russian Red- the perfect classic matte red, perfect for Christmas parties! Rimmel Kate Moss 107- a must have for all makeup obsessives, similar to MAC Rebel but more wearable for the less confident and finally a newbie to my lipstick collection, MAC Cyber which is definitely for the more confident people as this is a deep strong puple/black.



Boots 
My feet always have to be super cosy and warm this time of year, I have two firm favourite pairs which I've had for a few years now and I always go back to them no matter what. I'll get the first one over with quick as I know they're not the most popular however I simply cannot resit slipping on my trusty UGGS that make my feet feel like they're wrapped in blankets- I know they're not the most stylish but comfort comes first right?! Secondly, my more 'fashionable' pair of shoes are a pair of black heeled ankle boots which I surprisingly got from a charity shop years ago and haven't stopped wearing them since! They are extremely comfortable and I love that they have a small heel that gives me a little extra height without being unbearable to walk in




Nails 
Glitter is a must at Christmas and I love using glitter polish on my nails to give some added sparkle, this one from Rimmel (002 Ruby Crush) looks great sweeped over a plain coat of red polish.
Another favourite nail polish is Essie, Big Spender which is a beautiful deep purple/pink which I love wearing this time of year. Speaking of nails, this year I am lucky enough to have a Ciate nail polish 'mini mani' advent calender which means I will get a mini nail polish every day leading up to Christmas and as I'm writing this on 1st December I have already opened door number one and inside was this beautiful polish in Snow Globe :) If you're like me and sometimes don't have time (or simply don't want to wait around for your nails to dry!) then these stick on false nails from Elegant Touch would be perfect for you, I have the special edition Christmas House Of Holland ones and I can't wait to wear them closer to the big day!



Candles 
There's something super cosy and warming about burning a candle in winter and I love doing so to get me into the festive spirit. Yankee Candle is a brand that has so many different scents to choose from and I particularity love their christmas range, my favourites from the festive range are Christmas Cookie which smells exactly like biscuits cooking in the oven and I also love Christmas Eve which gives off a beautiful scent of sugar and plum



Starbucks/ Costa Christmas Drinks
People who know me personally will know that I am ALWAYS in coffee shops (not such a fabulous habit!) and when the christmas drink ranges arrives, my addiction gets worse:S I love all the different flavours and having a warm drink on an early frosty morning makes all the difference (especially when there is a reindeer printed onto your takeaway cup!)




Glittery Eye-shadow 
If you cant experiment with make-up around Christmas then when can you? I love adding an extra sparkle to my eyes by using glittery/shimmery/metallic eye-shadow and two of my favourite products are MAC Mineralize Eye-shadow in the colour Smutty Green which is a stunning dark green (extremely) glittery shade and I also love the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze which is a cream shadow that I love using as either a base or simply on it's own to give a dark bronzed look instantly



Lush Baths 
If you didn't already know, Lush is a shop that are famous for their amazing bath bombs and various bath products and I love visiting this time of year because they have a great Christmas range. The bath bombs will turn your bath into a crazy colourful, bubbly heaven and the one's that I love using include the Candy Mountain bubble bar, Luxury Lush Pud bath bomb, Butterbear bath bomb



I could go on and on telling you why I love this time of year however I would be here literally all day so I'm going to stop here! What are your autumn/ winter essentials? Leave a comment below if you can think of anything that I've not mentioned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment