Sunday 21 December 2014

Easy Christmas Party Makeup

The party season is finally here and i've put together a makeup look that is super easy and quick to achieve yet doesn't require a ton of products. I've gone very glittery on the eyes and there's also a classic red lip which could be adapted to your preferred look. I hope you enjoy the holidays and have fun :)

Prep
Skin preparation before makeup is essential for achieving that flawless look, I recommend using a good hydrating moisturiser, eye cream and possibly a primer. I've chosen the Nivea soft face, body &hands cream as I find it's a great all-rounder and works on all different skin types. I personally use an eye cream as I find my eye lids get dry however I'd recommend everyone to use one as using a normal moisturiser around your eyes can cause irritation.
I chose to use the Max Factor Face finity primer as it helps keep my foundation in place and also aids me when applying it, if you want to hear more about this product, click here to read my full review of it. 

Base 
MAC Studio fix fluid foundation is a great pick for parties as it gives a very full coverage and looks good on photos, however if you're after a cheaper alternative L'oreal True Match foundation is a very good option which has similar factors to the MAC foundation. Again for powders I have two options and I chose the MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing powder which a fantastic product that disappears on the skin whilst combating shine, then my second option is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which sets and mattifies my foundation without looking cakey. I like to use the Rimmel Wake me Up concealer to cover up any blemishes and also to shape my brows to give them a sharp finish



Brows
Eyebrows always make a face look complete and I love using these two eye shadows from my MAC pallet in the shades Charcoal Brown and Brun to give myself a nice sharp and defined brow. Once I'm happy with the shape I like to set the powder with a clear mascara which is essential for a party to ensure your brows stay in place! 




Eyes
The eye look that I've created looks very impressive however I've only used one eye shadow which is the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in the colour On & on Bronze. I applied the colour all over the eye lid with a flat brush then simply blended it out with a soft brush. I think using an eye liner really makes your eyes stand out and appear bolder so I decided to use the Mayelline master precise liner which is a great affordable product. To achieve big, voluminous lashes I used both Maybelline The Falsies and the Soap&Glory Thick and Fast mascara however if you have the time and effort, false lashes would be a great addition to this look




Blush, contour and highlight
To add some definition and colour into my face I decided to contour and highlight using the Sleek Contour kit which has recently become an staple in my makeup bag as the colours are fantastic and it comes in a really handy compact with a mirror which is great for touch ups on the go! I think that having a nice flush of colour on the cheeks looks nice on photographs and one blush that I always reach for is MAC Blushbaby as it's very pigmented yet looks natural on most skin types




Lips
Finally onto lips I used a lip balm to hydrate them before applying any products, then using MAC Cherry lip liner I carefully lined my lips to give a guide and also to ensure the lipstick lasts longer. I chose to use the Rimmel Kate Moss 107 lipstick which is a deep red however I also love MAC Russian Red which is a more classic red and would also be great for parties. As an added extra I decided to apply Tanya Burr Lip gloss in Vampie Kiss which is very pigmented and glossy to make my lips look fuller


And there we have it! My finished Christmas party make-up look which I think would look great on everyone and is very easy to achieve with little time and effort. I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you all have a fabulous Christmas and a great new year :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment