Tuesday 21 July 2015

My Perfect Skincare Routine: Ft. LUSH Skincare Review

As much as I love makeup, I absolutely love taking it all off at the end of the day and using great products that leave my skin feeling it's best.

Recently I have got into a perfect evening routine and I have also discovered Lush Cosmetics skincare which is something I have never tried before and I have been very impressed with.





To remove the majority of my makeup I always use the Garnier Micellar cleansing water which never fails to disappoint me and I have yet to find anything that works just as well. I simply sweep a soaked cotton pad with the water and wipe away all my face makeup. This micellar water never stings or irritates my eyes/skin and feels almost like water gliding across the face.

The micellar water is great to remove all types of makeup including eye makeup however I sometimes like to use a seperate eye makeup remover because I find this to be more effective at removing heavy eye makeup and ensuring that even the most sensitive eyes will not suffer. The Body Shop Camomile Eye-Makeup remover is a great option for quick and effective eye makeup removal which works on even sensitive eyes.

I always like to use a second cleanser after the micellar water to ensure that all my makeup is gone and that my skin has been thoroughly cleaned.
I have never tried any products from Lush Cosmetics skincare so I was intrigued to try something and I decided to pick up their Let The Good Times Roll cleanser which is targeted at normal skin types like mine and I was also attracted to it by it's delicious cinnamon, popcorn scent with actual pieces of popcorn in the pot (yum!)
The cleanser is a 'play dough' paste consistency and I was told by a Lush employee to scoop a penny sized amount out of the pot, rub together in my hands with warm water then massage the paste onto my face and rinse off. I found the product to almost gently exfoliate my skin whilst giving it a really good clean- I love the smell and I find it leaves my skin feeling super soft and looking really clear.
I have the 100g pot and I can see it lasting me a long time as I have found you only need to use a small amount each application, plus Lush have a system where you can bring back 5 full sized empty pots or tubs to receive a free face mask... what's not to love?! (applies to all 'Not Virgin' products- look out for the sticker!) 



I never used to use facial toners as I thought they were a waste of money and a pointless step in my routine, however I have recently found that by using the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing facial toner, my skin has felt more balanced and 'normal', with no excess oil or dry patches and is always left feeling refreshed and hydrated.
I still don't think that using a toner is essential, however I do like to use this one to give my skin some extra care and I would recommend trying one out if you want to target a certain insecurity as there are many on the market that are designed for certain needs.

My final step is to use a hydrating moisturiser which I know will deeply hydrate my skin, especially to use in the evenings. I found it difficult to choose which moisturiser to try from Lush as they all sounded like they would do wonders for my skin although I finally decided to pick up the Skindrink facial moisturiser which by the name, sounded like it would be the perfect rich option.
This rich sesame oil cream has a thick consistency therefore I prefer to use it in the evenings as I think it would be too heavy for day time. I'm not too keen on the smell of this product however I do love the benefits that I have been seeing so far such as quick absorption, non greasy feeling and how my skin is left feeling afterwards... amazing!





Have you tried any other products from Lush skincare? Let me know in the comments if you think there is something else I would like! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment