Sunday 5 July 2015

Bargain Beauty: Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Eye-shadow Pallets

Long time no post! It's been a good few weeks since I last updated you but life has been a little crazy and there's been a lot of changes, including me getting a part time job which I'm loving but it also means I have very little time to write as much as I'd like to. Things are starting to settle and I am learning to manage my time better so hopefully I will have many more posts for you to read in the upcoming weeks :)

As I mentioned in my previous beauty favourites post, I have been getting a lot of use out of my Urban Decay Naked Basics pallet and I love it, however £20 for a small eye-shadow pallet is a lot of money considering there are many good cheaper alternatives on the market, including this range of pallets from Collection that I am going to talk about today.

Collection (formerly named Collection 2000) is a budget make-up brand that you can find in Boots and Superdrug and they have recently launched their eyes uncovered nude pallets that I was curious to try out after noticing they looked very similar to Urban Decay's basics range and I wondered how they would compare.

Collection have three pallets to choose from; nude grey, nude bronze and nude (I have them all except the basic nude.) Each pallet has six highly pigmented shades inside and will cost you a friendly £3.99 per pallet.





I have found myself reaching for these pallets over many of my more expensive options and I think that the quality is outstanding-almost identical to the quality of Urban Decay shadows. The colours apply and blend easily and I have found it easy to create many different looks, whether that being an everyday quick wash of colour or an extreme smoky eye (Nude Grey is fantastic for more dramatic looks!)

Nude Bronze 



Nude Grey




The only downside to these pallets is their packaging which has a flimsy cheap feeling, no mirror in the compact and I found that the included eye-shadow brush was useless and cheap.
I would find a mirror and a better eye-shadow brush very appealing even if the price was raised with these added extras. Overall, for the price I don't think you can complain when the actual eye-shadow product quality is outstanding and one of the best I have ever tried from the drugstore/ more affordable brands.

Have you tried these pallets? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment