Thursday 12 February 2015

My Favourite Dugstore Foundation

I finally feel like I've finally found my two staple favourite foundations in my makeup collection, one high end and one more affordable (drugstore).
Today I'm going to be reviewing my favourite affordable foundation which is Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and I'll be talking about my favourite high end foundation in a future post.

Rimmel claim that this foundation will give you your perfect match in any light.
"This light perfecting radiance foundation gives an even finish that makes skin look perfectly flawless under any light."
Including SPF 18.
£6.99 in Boots





It can be difficult to find a foundation in the drugstore that has very fair shades on offer so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the great selection that Rimmel had to offer- I own the shade 100 Ivory which matches my skin perfectly.
Unfortunatly I can't imagine that their darkest shade will work for even darker skin tones than 'Bronze' (as they call it) and this is where they disappoint me.

This foundation will give you a light coverage and I personally see it as my 'good skin' cover.
Stay away if you're after a full coverage as this foundation leaves a very natural and dewy finish which is what I personally prefer, think of it as a little more than a tinted moisturiser. If you want a dewy finish but need more coverage, I'd recommend using this foundation then simply apply a good, high coverage concealer, for example Collection Lasting Perfection to cover any imperfections.

The texture feels very light and runny and I find it applies best with a brush like the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I find this foundation sits very nicely on the skin and doesn't cling to any dry patches.
Paired with a good primer and setting powder, this foundation will last very well although without these two products I can't see it having a long lasting power.
I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Boujours Healthy Balance Powder and it gives me a beautiful and even finish that lasts all day.

Overall I am very impressed with this foundation and I think it suits my skin perfectly.
Have you tried the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation? What did you think of it?
Let me know what you think in the comments!








No comments:

Post a Comment