Monday 4 August 2014

Good Face Day - Summer

During the warmer months I try and minimise the amount of things I pile onto my face. I like to go back to basics and give my skin a fresh, pretty makeover and in this post I'm going to be showing you some of my favourite products which I couldn't live without throughout the summer months




I always like to use a good moisturiser before I apply any makeup, if you read my previous post which was a French pharmacy haul, you will know that I got this new moisturiser from La Roche Posay which I'm testing out at the moment and so far, so good!

Foundation isn't essential for me on a day-to day basis, especially right now as my face is slightly tanned so my foundation doesn't match perfectly. It’s also important to let your skin breathe and by not applying foundation to your skin every day, you are reducing the risk of breakouts. If you simply cannot go without coverage then you could try a tinted moisturiser although I tend to just stick to a bit of concealer- if nothing at all! The concealer that I like to use is the Rimmel Wake Me Up one because it has a very creamy formula which works well with my skin. I like to put the concealer on any spots or blemishes and also under and around my eyes and eyebrows to brighten and highlight.




Next is always my brows, I love this little eye shadow quad that I created myself from MAC which has lots of handy shades inside including Charcoal Brown which is what I use to fill in my eye brows. I simply get a small angled brush and sweep some colour through the hair, giving more shape and definition. I do tend to use either a clear mascara or the Benefit Gimmie Brow to set my brows in place however I somehow forgot to photograph those two products here. Setting the brows helps to keep them in place for longer and also gives them more definition if using a product like Benefit’s Gimmie Brow.

Every now and then I like to add some sparkle to my eyes and the eye shadow, Naked Lunch from MAC is perfect for doing just that. Naked Lunch is a beautiful champagne, sparkly colour which looks great simply on its own, swept across the whole eye lid.





To achieve big, voluminous lashes which will make people stop and stare, you need to get your hands on some of the good stuff! That good stuff is the famous They’re Real mascara from Benefit. This mascara has worked wonders for me; my lashes have never looked so long and evenly separated without getting clumpy. It’s also great for the summer because it’s long lasting and doesn't seem to budge.




A family friend of mine who used to work in the makeup industry kindly gave me this Chanel blush in the colour Jersey Peche, it’s a beautiful natural pink shade which gives a very subtle and pretty flush onto the cheeks. I've never been a big fan of blush because I was always too worried of looking like a clown, however I've found this blush perfect for me.





Finally, lips are important for me in the summer because I find they dry out quickly- especially after being in the sun. To care for my lips I've been using this stick balm from Nuxe called Reve de miel which is a super- hydrating balm although it isn't at all sticky or glossy. To give my lips a subtle pop of colour, this Benefit tint is great! I've owned it for a long time now (as you can probably tell from the packaging) however I still love it for adding a long lasting stain to my lips which lasts for hours.



I hope you've enjoyed this post and found it interesting to see what my go-to summer makeup items are. Let me know in the comments what you love to use when it gets a little too hot for a full face!!

1 comment:

  1. That lip balm is definetely one of the best I´ve tried! I also bought it while on holidays :)
    Your blog is lovely! Lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete