Monday 25 August 2014

Current Beauty Favourites

I didn't post my favourites for last month because I was very busy and didn't have the time so today I thought I’d share with you my current ‘summer’ favourites instead. I've enjoyed using a few different products over the summer and I've re discovered some products which I had nearly forgotten about but am so glad to be using them again.
 

 I’ll start by telling you about all the makeup I have enjoyed using recently which firstly includes the Rimmel Wake me up foundation. I find this is the perfect foundation for summer as it gives me a great glow; I also like it because it works well with my dry skin and blends in effortlessly. I’d say the coverage is light to medium but can be buildable to suit your preferences. I have two different shades of this foundation as I've found I am a mixture between the two colours 100 Ivory and 2013 True Ivory, so I simply mix them together to give me the perfect colour match.




Next is this eyebrow kit from Collection, I only use the lightest shade which may sound a waste however I would definitely buy this pallet again just for this colour (especially considering is was under £5!) This colour reminds me of Omega from MAC however it’s obviously a lot cheaper. I've found it great when applied to the brows with a small angled brush to give a naturally defined shape. The kit also came with a handy little clear brow setting gel which is a great thing to have.




The full size Benefit They’re Real mascara has very mixed reviews, some people say that the mini tester one is much better and gives a better result. I was a little apprehensive when I first tried the full size one as it seemed very wet and didn't give me amazing results however after owning it for a few months, I am now very impressed. The formula seems to work best once it’s dried out slightly so I’d say be patient and wait a few weeks before you judge it fully. Overall I really love this mascara and I find it gives me the most amazing and impressive lashes, it stays on all day without flaking off and I do think that it’s worth the money.




The Rimmel London Colour Moose’s are no longer available to buy so I’ll only mention this one quickly as I don’t think you can get them anywhere in the UK however I have really enjoyed using this one in the colour Chill Out. It gives a beautiful light shimmer on the eyelid which I have been using on its own to give a nice, subtle shine.




I mentioned this Chanel blush in a previous post and I have been obsessed with it ever since. I've never been confident when using blushes however this one has completely converted me; it gives a beautiful subtle flush to the cheeks. I've been using the Real Techniques blush brush with this blush and I have found they are the perfect combination to achieve a natural finish. This blush is from the Jersey collection and is in the shade Jersey Pêche.




Ever since I heard Sammi from Beauty Crush mention this cream colour base in the colour Pearl from MAC in one of her Youtube videos, I have been very eager to try it out. It’s a highlighter in the formula of a cream blush and it’s great for adding a glow to certain areas of the face. I really love it and find it has the perfect formula and is super easy and quick to apply. I like to pat some product with my fingers onto the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and above my lips to give a natural glow to my face. 





I've owned this ‘gloss stick’ from Soap and Glory for a while now but I haven’t ever been very impressed however when I heard that Gabby from Velvet Ghost loved it I was interested to try it out again. It’s called Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in the colour Nudist and I think that it’s a great glossy nude; I'm not usually a fan of glossy lip products however I have really enjoyed wearing this one. It feels very hydrating on the lips and I love the colour as it’s not too bold so you can wear it day-to day.




Lip balms never usually stand out to me but I think that this one from Nuxe is the best one I've ever come across! It’s very hydrating however it doesn't dry sticky, the smell is subtle and it keeps your lips hydrated for a long time. I got this lip balm from France so unfortunately I don’t think I can buy it in England although I will definitely re purchase it if I have the chance in the future.



Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream is an amazing multi-purpose product which I'm sure everybody could find a use. I have found it to be the perfect eyebrow setting gel, you only need a tiny amount and it works wonders at keeping your brows in place all day long. I've also found it great to calm down irritated or chapped skin- what do you use your 8-hour cream for?

I am so happy to have found a fantastic moisturiser that is extremely affordable, I'm talking about this Derma Care daily moisturising cream that I picked up from Boots for just under £5 (for a big bottle may I add!) It’s designed for the management of dry to very dry skin so I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin however don’t be put off it you have normal to dry skin as I don’t find it oily at all as you may expect. This cream is very hydrating however it sinks into the skin very well and very quickly so your skin doesn't feel greasy but it will feel hydrated. I've found it great used under makeup or just as a regular moisturiser.




The Body Shop camomile silky cleansing oil is my new favourite makeup remover/ cleanser. I like this as it removes makeup quickly and makes my skin feel soft and clean. I simply pump some product onto my hand and rub over my face (including eyes- it won’t irritate them) then rinse with water. It removes all makeup including water proof makeup (yes- really!) so all around it’s a wonder product which I would highly recommend. 

I purchased this purifying all bright face scrub from Botanics (available in Boots) because I had a voucher and I wasn't expecting much although I am very impressed with it. I use this scrub every few days and I find it does a great job at doing a deep clean and I've also seen that it does make my face look brighter and clearer.



I have two hair favourites to talk about; the first one is this texturizing salt spray from Schwarzkopf Got2be. I already have naturally wavy, beachy hair although I've found this salt spray does a great job at enhancing my natural waves.
I spray it onto my hair after washing, scrunch it then let it dry to naturally.

Finally I wanted to mention these big clips that I always carry around with me in my bag, as I've mentioned above- my hair can be quite wild so I like to be able to tame it and these clips are perfect. I tend to clip parts back to make my hair more manageable and I've found that I can’t live without these so of course they had to go into a favourites post, right? They also make it easier for me to go without using heat on my hair, before I always had to straighten parts of my hair to tame it although now I just use these clips which saves me a lot of time and damage away from my hair.




If you've got this far, well done! I have done a lot of rambling although I hope you have enjoyed finding out which products I have been enjoying recently and hopefully I have tempted you to try out something new.


1 comment:

  1. I tagged you in the Leibster Awards tag on my blog :) http://comealongbeth.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award-tag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete