Thursday 19 February 2015

London , February 2015.

I've just returned from a few days away in London where I ventured out and did a little exploring. 
I've been to London a few times before however I decided that this time I would only visit new places that I'd never been to before. 

Our first stop was Oxford Circus and Regent Street where I found lots of shops that I'd heard about but never visited, such as And Other Stories and Kiko Cosmetics which I loved mooching around.
Kiko was my favourite discovery and I ended up going back the next day to buy more eyeshadows because I loved them so much (and they were on offer so even cheaper than usual!,) stay tuned as I am planning to write a post all about the company and their great products.



Library's is a beautiful old fashioned department store with a brilliant beauty hall. I found lots of brands that are hard to get hold of and the experience was amazing- a definite visit for any beauty addict like myself! 


Carnaby street is home to many quirky shops with lots of character. 
Here you'll find Brandy Melville which is a great shop with brilliant quality clothes and a really cool vibe! I bought a striped top but I also fell in love with everything else in the shop although couldn't quite afford their heavy price tags:( 
You'll also find Monki here and The Makeup Studio which both had some great offers on when I visited. 



The next day was pancake day and we had a lovely breakfast in a pub near our hotel where I had some mini pancake kebabs with banana, Nutella and strawberries. Yum!! 


I've been to South Kensington before although it's hard not to go again when the place is so beautiful and has some fantastic little gems. I almost felt like I was on a holiday abroad whilst walking around.


I've heard so many people rave about The Good Life eatery which is a tiny healthy cafe situated on Sologne Avenue and I couldn't not visit whilst I was nearby. 
The cafe is tiny and easy to miss although the staff are super friendly and the food is outstanding- definetly my favourite place to eat in London from now on!
To eat I had a chicken sunset sandwich on seeded bread and some sweet potato dip as a side. 
I also picked up some chocolate peanut butter cups for a snack during my train journey home later thay evening - they were soooooo good! 
My mum had a bowl with chicken meatballs and quinoa which she really enjoyed, her earl grey latte was also really good- I wish I'd ordered one too! 
My meal was really tasty , I especially enjoyed the sweet potato dip, although next time I'd probably order one of the salads which looked mouthwatering!!!


Unfortunately we weren't in London on Saturday which is when Portobello Market takes place and I've definetly got it on my list of to dos for next time as I'd love it have a wonder around all the stalls.
Notting hill was non the less still a great visit and I loved the quickly shops and found one that had a stack of old vintage t-shirts for just 50p each!!! Amazing 



Covent Garden is very touristy although they have lots of individual makeup stores such as Chanel and MAC pro. I have my MAC pro student card so decided to take advantage of my discount and buy a new lippy and an eyebrow pencil that I've been meaning to pick up for a while. 


Our train home was late on Tuesday evening so we decided to go out and explore Leicester Square and China town considering Chinese New Year is around. 
The decorations in China town were so colourful and the atmosphere was fantastic! 



I hope you've enjoyed this travel post from me. I had a brilliant time and I can't wait to go back soon :) 

Have you visited London? Where did you enjoy visiting? Let me know in the comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment