Sunday 28 September 2014

My Top 5 Autumn & Winter Lipstick Picks

We’re now officially in autumn which is my favourite season so I thought I’d share with you my top 5 lipstick picks for autumn and winter as I love experimenting with vampy looks during the colder months and these lipsticks are great for adding a pop to your makeup.





MAC, Russian Red
You may have guessed Russian Red would pop up somewhere in this post as I'm constantly saying how much I love it and it’s also a very well known & popular MAC lipstick that many people own. The lipstick has a matte formula however it’s not drying on the lips at all. If I'm after a classic red this is the one I always reach for, I find it very flattering and I always feel confident when wearing it. This lipstick gives anyone that old effortless Hollywood look, lasts a long time and suits all skin types.

MAC, Rebel
This is my top pick when I'm after a long lasting colour as I find it always lasts the longest out of all of my lipsticks. Many people may be put off by the colour in the stick of the lipstick as it looks very dark, however once applied to the lips it creates a beautiful deep, pink toned purple that isn't too OTT! Overall I absolutely love MAC lipsticks, the quality is fantastic and there is a massive range to choose from so you will always be able to find the perfect one for you.

Rimmel Kate Moss, 107
This is a very hyped lipstick in the blogging community and I completely get the hype! The colour is similar to MAC Rebel so if you’re after something slightly cheaper, this is a great alternative. I would say 107 is a more plum and pink toned dark burgundy so if you think that would suit you better, you should go for this one. The formula is slightly drying on my lips however the colour stays put for a long time. I think that this lipstick is amazing; I find the quality nearly as good as MAC but it comes without the heavy price tag so it’s great if you’re looking for something more affordable.

Avon Temptress
I've had this next lipstick in my collection for a while but have never reached for it as I've always been put off by its colour in the stick although when applied to the lips it bleeds a deep pink toned purple- again very similar to MAC Rebel however this one is much darker. I would say this lipstick would look great on darker skin tones and would also be something fun to experiment with over Halloween. I love the formula of this lipstick as I find it very creamy on the lips and is surprisingly easy to apply.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet, Hot Pepper
Finally I have a new discovery from Bourjois, this is one of their new (ish?) long lasting matte lipsticks that apply like a lipgloss. I've seen a few different brands selling lipsticks like this and I have been intrigued to see how they perform- I definitely wasn't disappointed with this one! This is probably the brightest lipstick I'm mentioning today and it may be more suited to spring/ summer however I couldn't help myself from mentioning it as I love it so much! It glides on smoothly and feels very creamy on the lips, once applied the colour almost magically turns matte and lasts all day long- what more could you ask for?!




So there you have my 5 top lipstick picks for autumn and winter, I hope you enjoyed reading this post from me and maybe I have temped you to go out and buy one of these beauties above to add to your collection ! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment