Wednesday 25 June 2014

My Skincare Routine

For me, looking after my skin is very important and I find that my makeup applies better if I look after it properly.

In this post I'm going to show you what products I use in the morning and evening to keep my skin spot free (almost!) and clean.

My routine is pretty simple but I've been using almost the same products for years now and they have helped keep my skin stay in good condition.

I have been using Bioderma for over 2 years now- It’s a micellar cleansing water which removes all makeup gently and works for even the most sensitive skin. Unfortunately you can’t buy Bioderma in the UK because it is a French brand; however you can order it online. I visit France at least once a year because my family is French so I always stock up when I'm over there.

MORNING ROUTINE-






I use Bioderma in the morning to cleanse my face- I find it really refreshing and its very gentle- almost like water.

Every morning I clean my face- I use this daily exfoliating scrub from the pink grapefruit range from Neutrogena.
This exfoliator is great for everyday use because the beads inside are very fine and aren't harsh on the skin. I get a small amount and gently massage it in circular motions on my skin, focusing on my nose and any problem areas. To wash it off I simply get a clean flannel and rinse my face with warm water. I like to exfoliate, especially because I have dry skin and it really clears down to the skin and gets rid of any dead skin cells.
Another daily exfoliator which I like and sometimes use is the Clean& Clear Daily Exfoliating Scrub.

After exfoliating I get this facial wash from the same range and scrub the product all over my face then rinse off like before.

I really like the pink grapefruit range from Neutrogena- its smells great and is really nice and gentle on the skin which makes it perfect for teenagers.


After this I usually go onto my makeup if I decide to wear it, If I am doing this I like to use The Body Shop Illuminating cream as my moisturiser however If I'm not wearing makeup on the day, I use Simple’s Kind to Skin Rich Moisturiser. The Illuminating cream is amazing to use under makeup if you’re after glowy skin because it has tiny light reflectors inside. However I wouldn't wear it if I wasn't wearing makeup because it turns your skin a little too illuminated if you don’t wear anything on top. 

You shouldn't use your normal face moisturiser on the eye area because it's a very sensitive area so it's important to use an eye cream. 
I've only recently discovered eye creams and I use this Boots essentials eye gel, it works fine for me but it does nothing special.

NIGHT TIME ROUTINE-





In the evening, I am always a bit lazy and don’t bother doing much to my skin. If I am feeling extremely lazy- I will just take my makeup off, however I will tell you what I do the majority of the time.

I go back to the Bioderma and use it to remove my makeup, I love it because it takes EVERYTHING off- even waterproof mascara. I have found other makeup removers tend to irritate my skin however Bioderma just feels like water so it would be perfect for you if you have sensitive skin. 

I love The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner because it’s very fresh and hydrating. I have always been a bit confused about toners- but I've learnt that they help get rid of any dirt or left over makeup and also close pores considering pores tend to open when cleansing. 

Finally I moisturise my face, I have been testing out The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet cream which is going ok at the moment however I'm not sure if it's suited for my skin type. 
Another moisturiser which I like to use in the evening is the Simple Kind to Skin Rich Moisturiser which is an all-round great moisturiser and would be perfect for every skin type. 

Something that I've been trying out recently are facial pore strips, these ones are from Boots and they are the tea tree and which hazel ones. 
They claim to remove dirt, oil and clear pores. I have only used them twice and haven't seen any difference in my skin yet. 

That's all I do to my skin, I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and have maybe picked up a few tips which you didn't know before. 

Bye! 





No comments:

Post a Comment