Tuesday 28 April 2015

3 From L'Oréal

Boots had their usual 3 for 2 offer on makeup and I couldn't resist picking up a few things from the L'oreal counter, especially when I spotted that my favourite foundation was in on the deal and I was also conveniently searching for a new mascara to try out! :')

In my eyes, L'oreal is the high end brand of the drugstore and I always expect great things from them. Keep reading if you want to hear my opinions on these new products (either for me or to the brand) and whether I would recommend them or not.



I am a big fan of Maybelline mascaras however when I saw that L'oreal had just launched their Flase Lash Superstar mascara that they were offering for a cheaper introductory price, I couldn't resist picking it up. The mascara has two wands, one that acts as a primer that coats your lashes white and of course the other is your usual black mascara wand to give length and definition. 
I personally do not like the white primer wand as I find it makes my lashes dry and therefore makes the following mascara very clumpy.
On the other hand I do love the main black mascara wand that has been working wonders for me. Mascara is a very personal product and what works for me may not work for you, however if you are after very long, separated, black lashes then this is worth a try. I think this mascara performs similarly to Maybelline The Falsies and Benefit They're Real, so if you like them, you may love this.




L'oreal recently launched their Infallible 24 hour Matte foundation, following their popular Infallible foundation. I was slightly put off by the name including the word 'matte' as I usually go for more dewy foundations however I was intrigued as to how this would perform considering there are not many full coverage, matte foundations available at the drugstore.  
To start, I would say that the finish is more satin/ velvet, not matte as it says on the bottle. I find it is perfect for blurring and perfecting the skin without looking flat and cakey. One of the main reasons why I love this foundation is the amazing skin perfecting coverage, with just one layer you will be left with a good medium-full coverage whilst still being able to build for a higher coverage.
My skin is normal and it applies perfectly alone, however if you have dry skin then I would recommend either using a hydrating moisturiser before or mixing the foundation with a hydrating/dewy foundation.

Finally, I decided to pick up the L'oreal Nude Magique BB powder as I wanted to try something different from my usual Rimmel Stay Matte powder to see how it compared.
This powder gives coverage as well mattifying the skin which is great if I am after a little extra coverage over foundation or alternatively to wear alone to give a light coverage. I have found that this powder works particularly well paired with the Infallible 24 hour Matte foundation that I mentioned above to give a long lasting, high coverage base- perfect for long summer days!
I love the packaging of this product which comes with a handy compact mirror and sponge for touch ups on the go.



Have you picked up any makeup from the drugstore recently? Let me know in the comments what products you're loving!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment