Saturday 12 December 2015

A Festive Gold Glitter Eye: Ft. Collection Glam Crystal Eyeliners

December is finally here and I am extremely excited for the festive traditions to begin!
I love to experiment with different makeup trends and super bright glittery eyes is one that I am currently obsessed with. As we approach the Christmas period, I know that many people will be looking for some inspiration for a bold, festive and fun makeup look and I think I may have the perfect one!

I have used many glitter pigments before and although some of them are great, they can be tricky to work with and sometimes do not have the best pay off pigment. I recently discovered these glitter eyeliner pens from Collection which are easy and fast to apply whilst giving off the most amazing pigment and staying power. At just £2.99 each, I think that these glitter eyeliners are a must have for the festive period. Whether you decide to add a subtle hint of glitter by using the product as an eyeliner (or layered on top of a black liquid liner) or like I have and packed on the product all over the eye lid to create a statement glitter eye.





To create this look I first used MAC's paint pot in Groundwork to give my eyes a base and to give the following eyeshadows something to stick to.
The Urban Decay Naked original pallet is always my go to eyeshadow pallet and it was the one that I choose to use today. Using a small pencil socket brush (I used the MyKitCo .... brush which is ideal for applying colour to the crease.) I gently applied the shade Naked slightly above my eye crease to act as a transition colour. This will help the whole look appear less sharp with no harsh lines.
Next I applied the shade Buck in and bellow my eye crease which adds a little more depth and definition to the look.

Personally I find it easier to apply the glitter as a final step because I think that depending on the product you are using, it can sometimes be tricky to apply other products such as liquid liner on top of the glitter. Therefore I then go to apply my winged eyeliner which I think really pulls this whole look together. I have recently become obsessed with flicking out my eyeliner and have started to wear it daily on myself which is something that I would have never imagined a year ago when I was always too scared to even pick up an eyeliner brush. My current favourite eyeliner is the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner pen which I find to be easy to apply, lasts all day and most of all not start to dry out within a week like many other felt liner pens do.

After coating on layers of my favourite mascara , I then go onto thickly coating my entire eyelid with the glitter liner pen until I am happy with the effect. Although these are advertised as an eyeliner, I love to layer the colour all over my lid and keep layering the product to achieve an impressive statement look.






What do you think of this statement glittery eye? Would you wear it to a Christmas party this year?!
Let me know in the comments what your go to festive makeup look is!




No comments:

Post a Comment