Monday 12 January 2015

My Current Favourites, January 2015

Happy new year! I hope you all had a good Christmas and welcomed in the new year well. I've discovered some amazing new products recently so I thought I'd share them with you to let you know what my current favourite beauty, makeup and hair products are.

I was very lucky to receive just the right amount of MAC eye-shadows for Christmas to complete my pallet which I was very happy with ; my 3 new shadows are Scumptous Olive, Deep Damson and Quarry. I've especially loved using Scumptious Olive all over the eye lid then Deep Damson blended through the crease to give a really nice 'earthy' strong look- I'll insert a picture of me wearing these two shadows together


(If anyone would like an updated MAC eye shadow collection- let me know!)





Illamasqua had an amazing sale after Christmas and I couldn't resit ordering this lip pallet that includes 4 lipstick colours and I got it for around £10! (what a bargain!) The colours are all pink tones and I think they will be great for the upcoming warmer seasons. I also love this pallet as I study media makeup at college so I often apply makeup to others and lipstick must be applied using a brush to reduce cross infection, therefore a pallet of lipstick is very practical and a lot more hygienic than your average stick lippy. The pigmentation of these lipsticks is fantastic and they can be built up to achieve a very bold look which would be perfect for editorial makeup.
Personally I've been reaching for the lightest shade in the pallet called Fable which works well paired with a lip liner like the Rimmel Exaggerate in East End Snob and then if I fancy some gloss, I love using Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Picnic in the Park to give me a perfect pink lip!





Eyeliner has never been one of my strong points however I've recently been testing out a few different products to see if I can find the right one for me. I've tried MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline and Soap&Glory's Super Cat liner however neither have impressed me as much as the Collection Fast Stroke liner which is by far one of the best eyeliner's I've ever used! The nib applicator is extremely fine which helps you create a super thin line and it also glides on with no tugging to help get that perfect cat eye flick. Another bonus is the price, I spent nearly £20 on an eyeliner once which I've probably used a few times and was a complete waste of money however with this one from Collection only costing you around £3, it's always going to be a winner!


(Actual cat eyes, definitely the look I was going for! haha!)




I'm a little lazy when it comes to hair and I find it a big effort to wash my hair more than three times a week at a push (gross to some of you- I know!) and I've never really got on well with a dry shampoo before as they always made my hair feel chalky and even more in need of a good wash. However my opinions on dry shampoo completely changed when Ruth Crilly launched her very own range which claimed to be sheer + invisible which I complete agree with! I particularly love the New York and London fragrances as they make my hair smell amazing as well as adding volume and making it feel as good as new



I received the Vera Wang Princess perfume as a Christmas present and I love the floral but not overpowering scent. I've become obsessed with this and think it would make a great gift it you're after something to buy for someone special



MAC lipsticks are amazing and I've always got my eye on a new colour so I was extremely happy to find this one called Plumful under the tree at Christmas. It's a gorgeous rose plum that gives a comfortable creamy finish. I've never been a big fan of very dull nude lip colours so this is perfect for me as an in-between nude and bold colour



2014 was the year of the brows and I finally feel like I've got my perfect brow routine products. To achieve a defined arch I love using this brow pencil from MAC called Stud and I lightly pencil in my arch following my brows natural shape. This is a great product however it would probably be too dark for me if I used it all over, therefore I always use a light brown shadow (like MAC Charcoal Brown) and gently push the product upwards using a small angled brush mainly on the inner part of the brow- this also helps make your eyebrows look more natural




I've never been a fan of a super matte heavy coverage foundation however for special occasions I've been reaching for my MAC Studio Fix foundation which does give a matte and heavy coverage although it doesn't look cakey and works well on my dry skin when used with a good moisturiser and primer. I highly recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a high coverage foundation that is buildable and works well on any skin type. It's fantastic for special occasions like a party, wedding or prom as it will look great in photos and will last a long time



My final favourite is something I never thought I'd be able to justify for the price however when I was gifted a gift card for Christmas, the temptation was too much and I decided to buy the highly raved about Liz Earl Cleanse & Polish. I've used many different cleansers before however this one gives that extra something and is a great luxury product if you're in the market for a fancy cleanser. I use it every evening and it removes& cleans my face very well whilst giving off a spa like herbal fragrance which I love. Would I buy it again? probably not due to the heavy price tag for what you get although I do think it would make a great gift for a beauty fanatic!




That's it for my current favourites whilst entering 2015, what have you been loving recently?

Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment