Tuesday 5 April 2016

Birchbox at Selfridges

I was recently in the Trafford Centre shopping centre when I noticed a pop up Birchbox stand outside Selfridge's and I couldn't help myself finding out what it was all about....

Birchbox is a beauty subscription box that is delivered to your doorstep every month or so. The idea is to find beauty products that work for you- Birchbox will send you 5 luxe beauty treats monthly from new brands and much loved brands. You say what your preferences are and explain a little about yourself so that you get sent the products that will work best for you.




Unfortunately you are unable to pick and choose the products you receive however I think that this way people will be more willing to try new products that they wouldn't have chosen themselves- and maybe discover something new!
Although you are unable to choose the products yourself, Birchbox have a great team who will listen and consider your needs before deciding what products to put inside your box. For example if you let Birchbox know that your hair often feels dry and lifeless, they may send you over a luxury moisturising hair mask to try out.

I have always been put off by subscription boxes like this in the past because I thought that I wouldn't be impressed with the products and brands who work with the company however I was pleasantly surprised to see how many well known brands and collaborations have been involved with this box.
Birchbox works with some fantastic brands including Benefit, Eve Lom, This Works, Laura Mercier, Nuxe, Lord & Berry and many more.

At the pop up Birchbox stand you were able to pick and choose 6 items to put inside your box which makes a change to their usual service where the products are custom chose for you. The box was £15 and considering some of the products available were worth over £15- I knew that I couldn't leave empty handed. Taking this great opportunity I decided to pick up a great selection of products which I will talk you through now!...








EVE LOM Kiss Mix Lip Balm
This minty moisturising lip balm claims to keep lips moisturised, soft and hydrated whilst defends against dryness and chapping. I have heard many beauty bloggers rave about this lip balm and when I noticed that this was a full size product originally priced at  £16, I could not resist picking it up.(especially since the box only cost me £15- what a great deal!)

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum, Collagen Booster
I love to thoroughly look after my skin as I believe that a good skincare routine can do wonders and be a massive help when it comes to applying a flawless face of makeup. I don't currently use a serum in my skincare routine so I decided to pick up this vitamin C collagen booster serum which says it leaves skin nourished, protected and radiant. Sounds good to me- I am looking forward to using it.

This Works, Deep Sleep Pillow Spray
I don't know about you but I often go through phases when I find it almost impossible to get a good nights sleep which leaves me restless and often in a bad mood the next day. Anything that claims to help you sleep is worth a try so I decided to pick up this deep pillow spray which contains lavender, vetivert and wild chamomile which helps to naturally soothe the body and mind- helping you relax and fall asleep more quickly than usual.
Fingers crossed it works!

Model Co Power Lash Black Mascara
I love mascara and I am never too fussy when it comes to it so I thought that I would give this one from Model Co a go. It claims to be super long lasting, extra black and extra dramatic so I have high hopes!

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
I have been thinking of adding a liquid exfoliant into my skincare routine ever since reading about their benefits from Caroline Hirons blog. Caroline has a great skincare blog which has helped me a lot over the years and I think that you should definitely check it out if you haven't already!
BHA is a clinically proven blemish-buster whilst also increases collagen production for smoother skin. This fact alone made me want it and I am excited to see if I can spot the results from using it after a few weeks.

Laura Mercier Lip Glace, Nectar
Proving my point that Birchbox works with some fantasic brands, I was happy to see that I could pick up this mini Laura Mercier lip gloss at the Birchbox pop up stand. I know that this will be perfect to throw in my handbag and I also love the pretty peachy colour which will be great to wear this spring.

That is what I got inside my Birchbox and if you like the sound of receiving your own box filled with luxury beauty products to try out then head over to birchbox.co.uk now to sign up!


No comments:

Post a Comment