Tuesday 19 April 2016

My Eyebrow Routine

Eyebrows are a big deal in the makeup world- everybody is obsessed with their brows and we are constantly searching for the perfect products and technique to help us achieve a super sleek and sharp brow. I always get asked questions about eyebrows... what products do I use? how do I fill them in? how do I maintain the shape? .. the list could go on and on!
In this post I will be revealing my eyebrow secrets and giving you tips along the way of how to achieve your perfect arch.

Everybody has their own technique and preferences when it comes to eyebrows and this method is how I personally prefer my brows to look. Eyebrows really help to frame your face and I cannot imagine doing my makeup without filling them in.

Maintaining the Shape 
I always recommend getting your eyebrows professionally shaped at least once or twice to give you a good start to then follow at home with tweezers or like me, to get them professionally shaped every 1-3 months.
The three methods of eyebrow shaping are waxing, threading and plucking. I personally prefer to get my eyebrows threaded because I think that it is the most precise method of hair removal and is less harsh on your skin compared to waxing. Threading is a great method because the technique requires no product on your skin which means less chance of a reaction. I get my eyebrows threaded at Benito Brow Bar (Debhanams) every 2-3 months.

Filling them in 
I am constantly switching up the products that I use on my brows and I am currently using an eyebrow cake from Illamasqua in the shade Thunder, however I also like to use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade which is a great product.

I start by taking my Zoeva 317 wing liner brush and roughly outline my natural brow shape. I start from the underneath and then move to the arch. Once I have the outline, I then lightly stroke the powder through the rest of my brows until the product is evenly applied.


To get rid of the harsh line on the bottom half of my brow, I grab my 2.1 brow teaser from MyKitCo and thoroughly brush the product upwards. I then carry on and brush through all the powder applied on my brows and keep adding and brushing until I am happy. This makes a mess but don't worry- I'll be cleaning it up in a minute.



Whenever I use a powder like the Illamasqua brow cake to fill in my brows I always like to use a setting gel to keep the product in place. Any brow gel/ clear mascara will do the trick- I use Rimmel's Brow This Way clear brow mascara which is great.
On the other hand, if I choose to use a product like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow pomade I would skip this step as that product is gel based which means it sets and lasts longer on its own.

To clean up all the mess and excess product that has been pushed above and underneath my brow, I use a concealer. Using a concealer will help to give your eyebrows a sharp finish and it will also help you to achieve a bold shape.
Any concealer will do and today I decided to use the Urban Decay Naked Skin which I really love at the moment. If you want to create a subtle highlight on your brow bone, then you should use a concealer one or two shades lighter than your skin tone to shape underneath your brow.
Once I have applied the concealer to give a precise shape, I then grab a small buffing brush like the Zoeva 142 concealer buffer and buff away until all the harsh edges have disappeared.


If I want my eyebrows to stand out even more or for them to compliment a dramatic smoky eye then I always add a pop of shimmer. You can use any highlighter you want but I think that MAC's Vanilla pigment is the best product to use underneath the brow to add a little sparkle of something special. Simply dust the product on your brow bone to make your eyes pop!








Products mentioned above: Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer- fair/neutral,
Rimmel Brow this way-clear,
MAC Pigment-Vanilla,
Illamasqua Multi Face pallet- Semblance
Zoeva 142 Concealer buffer
Zoeva 317 Wing liner
MyKitCo 2.1 Brow teaser







No comments:

Post a Comment