Wednesday 16 April 2014

My Hair Care Routine

Sorry I've not posted for a while! I've been busy visiting family and going out with friends J
In this post I want to explain my hair care routine; from what shampoo I use to how I keep my curls last!

Let’s start with the basics. I usually wash my hair about 3 times a week using Essie shampoo and conditioner; I particularly like the Miracle Moist range. I find that Essie shampoo helps keep my hair in good condition and they have different types so you can get the one which fits your hair type.




Once a week I like to use some sort of deep conditioner or hair mask. At the moment I really like a hair mask from Lush called H'suan wen hua which is full of protein rich ingredients to improve the condition of your hair. It contains eggs, bananas and avocados which are rich in oils to moisturise and soften your hair. With this mask, I apply a thick coating all over my dry hair before I wash it then I leave it on for 20 minutes. Once the time is up I get into the shower and shampoo and condition my hair as normal which rinses off the mask and leaves my hair feeling very silky soft!

Another treatment I like to use is the Aussie three minute miracle; this one takes a lot less time, you use it just like a conditioner and leave it on your hair for 3 minutes after shampooing whilst in the shower.
Once I've washed my hair I brush it through with a wide toothed comb so I am not damaging my hair, then I usually leave my hair to dry naturally which leaves it slightly wavy.


I like to have my hair curly and I usually curl it after every time I've washed it then my curls tend to stay in place until I next have to wash my hair. I use the Baybliss curling wand which I've had for years and absolutely love ! Before I curl my hair I use the Tresemme heat protector so I am minimising the damage the curlers will have on my hair. I always section my hair before curling to make sure I don’t miss any pieces, so I use a clip to divide my hair then I start curling chunks of hair. I use different sized pieces of hair; I also curl some pieces away from my face and some towards my face to make the curls look more natural. Once I'm happy with how I've curled my hair I set the curls with hairspray; I don’t have a favourite hairspray, I just use whatever I have! To make my hair look more natural, I like to comb through my hair with a brush.




So that’s my hair care routine!!! I hope you enjoyed reading this post J




1 comment: