Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Favourites

It’s come to that time of the month again to share with you what I've been loving this month! I've included a lot more 'random' favourites this month because there have not been a lot of beauty/make up products that have really stood out for me (apart from the ones I'm showing, of course!) 



I’ll start with the make up that I've been obsessed with. I recently posted a mini MAC haul with the things my two friends got me from New York, two of the things in particular that I've been using a lot are the paint pot in Painterly and the lipstick in Rebel. I use the paint pot as a primer for my eye shadow and it really does make the shadow stay on all day and creates a really nice and neutral base which could also be worn on its own with no eye shadow on top.

 I was a bit unsure about the lipstick in Rebel since it looks very dramatic on the stick. Although when you apply It, It leaves a beautiful deep, vampy purple / dark pink colour which I love!  To tone the colour down I like to blot it with a tissue which leaves a nice stain. This lipstick stays on for a very long time; I still had a stain on my lips the next day even after removing my make up.

I rediscovered my strawberry body butter from the Body Shop this month and I've really loved it! I used to be obsessed with these body butters and I don’t really know why I stopped using them. The strawberry one smells like sweet strawberry sweets; amazing! They are very rich moisturisers so they’re perfect for me since I have dry skin. I also love the papaya one and raspberry J

Another moisturiser that I like is Johnston’s baby oil gel. I've used baby oil before but I found It really hard to apply and It always got very messy, although Johnston’s have bought out a gel formula of the oil which I really like! It’s still quite messy but that’s excepted considering its oil. I like to apply this before I go to bed so that it soaks in overnight and doesn't get my clothes oily! Again, this is a very rich moisturiser so it’s good for dry skin.

I've been wearing my denim jacket a lot this month (the one I talked about in my last post!) so I thought I’d quickly mention It in my favourites. It’s very easy to wear and I think it’s perfect for Spring and Summer!

You may have noticed that the quality of my pictures has improved this month and that’s because I got a new camera. I used to have the Fujifilm Finepix S29500 which wasn't the best camera; I bought it a few years ago thinking it looked good but the quality didn't turn out great and I found it too big and chunky to carry around with me. I sold that camera on ebay and I got a new camera from Argos. I got the Canon Powershot A2500 for just £59! The offer is still on so if you want to have a look, here’s a link http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1085323.htm . I absolutely  love my new camera, the quality is amazing and it’s very compact and lightweight so I can take it anywhere and quickly grab it out of my bag and snap a photo!

Jelly shoes have suddenly re appeared and become very popular! I saw a pair in a cheap shoe shop for just £5 so I thought I'd get them. I've worn them so much, I find they go with so much and they're perfect for the spring! I really like the pair I've got however they have started to fall apart and they slightly hurt my feet; so I'm considering buying a pair of the Ju Ju Jelly shoes which are apparently a lot better quality than the cheap pairs. Do you think the Ju Ju ones are worth the money? (£20) 

Here In England, the weather has been a little more promising and although it's not been very hot, it's been sunny some days which I love! I've been wearing my sunglasses a lot which I got from Primark for just £1! I love them and I know I'll be wearing them a lot over the summer. 

My favourite album this month has been Pharrell Williams ‘Girl’. I really love Pharrell, his songs make me feel really happy! , my favourite songs on the album are Marilyn Monroe, Hunter and Happy.

A food favourite this month has been dark chocolate, I especially love Lindt 70% cocoa! Also along the dark chocolate line, I've discovered choc shot by sweet freedom, it’s basically a healthy natural dark chocolate sweetener which I love to put on my porridge in the morning.


Thank you for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed reading it 

No comments:

Post a Comment