Sunday 4 May 2014

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation Review

I recently purchased my first ever MAC foundation which I was very excited about! I went into the shop and I got recommended to buy the studio sculpt because I have dry skin and this foundation is very hydrating. I got the foundation in the shade NW15 for £25.

I'm going to do a review of the foundation and I'll be letting you know what my opinion is and if I would recommend it.



(excuse my extremely messy nails!!!!!)


As I quickly mentioned above, this foundation is great for people like me who have dry skin. It’s very moisturising and won’t cling to dry patches on your face.

This foundation has SPF which means it will protect your skin from the sun. Which is great considering we’re heading into the warmer months, one thing people may say about this is that SPF foundations give a bad flash back in photographs, however I've not personally found this a problem for me.

When I was getting matched up in MAC for this foundation, the guy recommend that I use a flat foundation brush to apply it but I kind of ignored what he said and when I got home I used my Real Techniques expert face brush. Straight away I could see that the foundation blended in better when he applied it with a flat brush. So I’d say that using a flat foundation brush (I now use my Real Techniques angled foundation brush) is best for this product.

The formula/texture of this foundation is AMAZING! It gives me a brilliant flawless, dewy finish which I love. I would say it gives a light to medium coverage although you could easily build it up.

The one thing which I'm personally not too keen on Is the packaging; I think for the price it should be better. I would have preferred this foundation to be in a bottle like the studio fix is in.

Overall I really like this foundation. I would recommend it to people with dry skin because if you have oily skin this probably wouldn't work for you. I was really happy with the help I got in the MAC shop and I would definitely buy this foundation again. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of this and never tried it before!! Its also great it has SPF15 for the Summer <3

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Real Techniques Core Collection Giveaway

    ReplyDelete