Wednesday 28 May 2014

Benefit Gimmie Brow- Is It Worth The Money?

I mentioned in a previous post that I had been saving up my boot’s points and I finally decided to buy the Benefit Gimmie Brow with them. I wanted to give it a go after hearing a lot of different opinions of it; is it worth the money? £17.50 for a tiny brow gel, what’s so special?

In this post I'm going to be sharing my honest opinion of the product and telling you if I think that it’s worth the price tag.




Benefit claim that this product has fiber gels which colours the skin and hair. They say that it builds easily for thick, luscious arches thanks to the tapered brush for blending and has a precision tip for shaping. This gel comes in two different shades; light/medium and medium/deep and it retails at £17.50 In Boots.

Gimmie Brow is water resistant, long- wearing, natural looking and buildable. I agree with all of these statements and I think that it is great for every day long- wear use- perfect for school!

After previously using powder and a brush to fill in my brows, I am very impressed with how quick and easily I can now do my brows. If I was in a rush and needed to get out of the house quickly; this would be perfect because it takes me only a few minutes to apply. The brush for this gel is tiny so it allows you to quickly brush through the hairs.

I agree with the claim that Gimmie Brow has fibers which cling to the hairs to create thicker brows.
I think that this product would be perfect for school or for people who are always on the go. It’s a long lasting gel which looks very natural although It can be builded to create a more dramatic brow.

I would recommend the medium/deep shade because I found the lighter one to be too light. If you want to buy this product, you obviously want more defined and thicker brows and I personally think that the darker shade ticks those boxes.
One con with this product is that it can get slightly messy; although If you’re gentle and not going crazy that you’re about to miss your bus, you should be fine!
Gimmie Brow does do wonders, although you still need to keep your brows in shape. I get my eyebrow’s threaded once a month (painful- I know!), my brows grow quickly so you may be able to leave the time a bit longer between getting them seen to! However I have found that if my brows are looking a bit wild, Gimmie Brow works a treat and makes them look great!




(The 'After' photo is using one coat, however you could build it)


Overall, I really like this product and I think that if you can afford to spend £17 on a brow gel, go for it! It’s a great staple product and I can see myself using It for a long time religiously (I just hope that It lasts!)
However I do think that no matter how impressed I am, I do think that this is a very over priced product and I can’t see myself grabbing It without thinking when I run out of this one.
If you hate doing your eyebrow’s and find It difficult to get a perfect shape easily, Gimmie Brow would be perfect for you If you are willing to invest.


I hope you enjoyed this review and that It helped you If you were un sure about this product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment