Monday 5 May 2014

Free Benefit Makeover!

I've been collecting my boots points for a while and I've now got over £20 to spend! I want to get something very special so I've been looking around different counters in boots to find something. I was going to get the Clinique dramatically different moisturiser because I find it hard to get really good moisturisers. However makeup sounds a lot more exciting to me!! :’)

 I've never bought anything from Benefit, I've used samples of the Porefessional and the They’re Real mascara although I've never been really amazed by them. However my opinion changed completely today! I was asking the girl at the counter about their Hello Oxygen foundation and she offered to try it on me. The shop was very quiet and I think she must have been bored because she ended up doing my whole face of makeup, which I didn't mind at all!!!!  :D



In this post I'm quickly going to tell you what products she used and what I think of them.

To start with, she removed the makeup I was already wearing and then applied the Total Moisture facial cream. This moisturiser was amazing; It was very hydrating but without being too heavy on the skin. It also smelt great too because It contains mango butter which is always good since I love anything mango flavoured! I didn't know that Benefit had a skincare range but I will definitely consider buying some of the products in the future because I was very impressed.

As I said before, I've used a sample of the porefessional before and I wasn't getting the hype. However after the makeup artist in Benefit using it on my skin today, I totally understand the hype, haha! I think what I did wrong before was that I didn't use my moisturiser as well; I thought that a primer was in replacement of a moisturiser. The primer made my skin really soft and she said that it makes it easier to apply the foundation.

Now onto the foundation; she used the Hello Oxygen on me since I have dry skin and that foundation is hydrating and leaves a dewy finish which is what I prefer. I really liked this foundation; it was light coverage and feels like you've not got anything on your face although it gives a lovely dewy glow!

I mentioned to the girl that I hardly ever wear blush, bronzer or highlighter on my face because I find it hard to find the right products which won’t cling to my dry patches so she recommended the tints that Benefit do. She used Posie tint on me which was a beautiful poppy pink colour. I loved this because it wasn't too dramatic (even though it did look a little scary in the bottle!) and because it’s a tint, it will last for a long time! She also put some of this on my lips then applied a clear lip gloss.

I really like a glowing, dewy face so the makeup artist used the High Beam highlighter which I've heard a lot of good things about! She dotted this around my eye in a C shape, on my brow bone and down my nose, and then blended it in using her finger. I think I'm going to start using a highlighter like this now because I really like the look it gives and I think it’s perfect for summer.

For my eyebrows she quickly brushed through them with Speed Brow (I think that’s what it was?) which gave them a bit of colour and set them in place.

Finally onto my eyelashes! Naturally, I have very long eyelashes so even without mascara they look very long. She used the They’re Real mascara which is one of their most popular products. I do like this mascara although on my eyes I think it’s a bit too much for what I usually go for. I’d wear this for special occasions but not for everyday because I prefer more natural eyelashes on myself.


I was very impressed with the makeup and the service I got in Benefit! I am currently deciding which product I'm going to buy with my points! What do you think I should get?


No comments:

Post a Comment