Tuesday 19 August 2014

A Weekend In London

This weekend I visited my family and we also tied in a day in London on Sunday which was great. I've been to London the past 3 summers and I absolutely love it- the atmosphere is amazing and there are so many things to do. I took a few photos in London so I thought I’d share them with you and let you know what I got up to- enjoy!

Spitalfields Market was the first place we went to, this place is more lively on a Sunday so it's best to go here then if you plan on visiting. There are lots of independent stalls, cafes and restaurants. One of my favourite stalls was one which sold cute floral head pieces and I also found another stall and bought an old VOUGE magazine cover photograph which will look great in my room.






Brick lane is very close to Spitalfields market, again it's more livelier here on a Sunday as they have a Sunday Market which has more independent stalls and there are also many places to grab some great food including Chinese, Indian, Portuguese, Thai, Japanese and many more.
I discovered a fantastic clothing stall in this market and managed to get a beautiful white lace/ crotchet skirt for just £5! 




Next was Camden! This place is known for its market and quirky atmosphere which I love, although I found this the busiest place and filled with tourists. The markets are great and you can also pick up some good street food if you're feeling hungry. I found a stall that did henna tattoos and I couldn't resist getting one. I've always wanted to try henna and thought it would be the perfect opportunity. I chose to get the words 'Smile' in Japanese (I think!!!) on my wrist which I love. 





I love going to Harrods whenever I'm in London, the atmosphere is buzzing and it’s a great ‘people watching’ place!- hahah! I did also treat myself whilst in there and bought this beautiful cream colour base from MAC in the shade Pearl. I've not used it properly yet so don’t have an opinion although I've heard lots of great reviews so I'm expecting big things. 


At the end of the day we were all very tired and in need of a quick re-fuel so we decided to go to Snog (frozen yogurt) in South Kensington. I love all the frozen yogurt places over London but I think Snog is the best- they have a variety of flavours with an even bigger variety of toppings. I decided to get a coconut frozen yogurt topped with granola, blueberries and raspberries which was very yummuy!



South Kensington was a very pretty place with a great atmosphere- there were many restaurants and shops. 



I hope you enjoyed having a look at what I got up to this weekend and found this post useful if you're planning to take a trip to London. 

Speak to you soon for a beauty post which will be up later this week- I will be sharing with you my favourite budget makeup brushes! Stay tuned :) 

1 comment:

  1. im glad you had a lovely time!
    Hello, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, please check out my page for the information.

    Laura xo

    lauraphippsxxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete