Saturday 23 August 2014

Makeup Brushes On A Budget- My Collection

Make up brushes are an essential part of achieving a great face of makeup and today I thought I’d share with you my favourite budget friendly brushes. This is basically my collection of brushes because I only ever buy reasonably priced brushes because I simply cannot afford to fork out £30+ for a makeup brush although I do still manage to find great quality brushes for a good price so keep reading if you want to know where I get them from and what I think of them.



Reach Techniques

Real Techniques is a brand I've talked about before on my blog and you will probably already know that I am a big fan. This brand was created by two Youtubers called Sam and Nic who own the channel Pixiwoo, they are both very successful makeup artists who have managed to create a great collection of amazing quality, affordable makeup brushes.

 You can buy these brushes from Boots, Feel Unique or online at realtechniques.com from roughly £5- £25 including sets.

I own a lot of Real Technique brushes and have already reviewed the majority of the ones I have in a previous post although a few of my favourites include the buffing brush (only available in core collection set) which is my go-to foundation brush for giving me a flawless finish quickly. I also love the blush brush which is a new addition to my collection and I can already see it being a staple in my routine as it’s perfect for applying blush, bronzer and powder.

These brushes have synthetic bristles which I personally prefer over natural hair bristles because the synthetic ones tend to be easier to wash and last longer.




Eco Tools

I own 2 brushes from Eco tools and I think they are a fantastic brand.
I own the large powder brush and the blush brush, I have used them both for a long time without them showing any wear or tear and I really like them. I think these are the softest brushes I own and I love the feel of them on my skin- even after washing.

This company is earth/eco-friendly and they produce cruelty-free brushes with natural and recycled materials, for example they use bamboo brush handles because it has a low impact on the earth’s resources. Basically these brushes are perfect if you like to look after your environment.

Again, the brush bristles in these brushes are synthetic which means they wash and last longer.

You can buy Eco tools brushes from Boots and also TX Max where they are often on offer making them even more affordable.



Elf (eyes face and lips)

Elf is an online makeup company that sells affordable makeup along with brushes and different tools. The brushes from Elf that I own include the eye shadow C brush, eye shadow brush, concealer brush, small angled brush, bronzing brush and 2 powder brushes.

I have mixed reviews on these brushes because I love some and hate others- for example I love the small angled brush and use it every day for applying powder to my eyebrows however I find the other brushes are not great quality and don’t work very well. The powder brushes from Elf are very popular and I understand the hype because they are great for applying foundation effortlessly however I find the bristles start falling out after about a month of purchasing which isn't great.

Overall I would recommend trying out Elf brushes if you are just starting out with makeup and want some basics at a reasonable price as they have a huge variety starting at just £2!




Primark

I have been pleasantly surprised by Primark’s new makeup and beauty launch, especially with their brushes as I find they are fantastic quality for the price, starting at just £1 per brush.

These brushes don’t have individual names however I own a few of the double ended eye shadow brushes, small stippling brushes and the large stippling brush. I find the eye shadow brushes perfect for a neat application of shadow into the crease; I personally like to have a lot of these brushes so it’s easier to use different colours on clean brushes so these ones from Primark are amazing as they only cost £1 each.

I find that the small stippling brush is perfect for blending in concealer under the eyes as it fits perfectly in the area and blends the product in well.

Finally I have the large stippling brush which I find is great for buffing foundation into the skin to give a flawless finish, I find this brush is similar to the studio powder brush from Elf however the quality of this one from Primark is better is less dense.






Ebay

The MAC 217 eye shadow blending brush is extremely popular however with its heavy price tag I have always been a little apprehensive about buying it, so when I discovered these dupes on Ebay for roughly £1 each I was very intrigued to try them out.

I am sure that they are no way near as good quality as the ones from MAC however I would recommend them if you’re after a simple eye shadow brush for an affordable price. I find after washing them a few times, they begin to feel scratchy on the skin however they still do a good job for me.
I would find it difficult just having one of these brushes as I'm forever needing a new clean one to blend out shadow so it’s great that these are cheap so I can buy a lot without having to worry about the price.


 Ebay also have a big variety of different affordable brushes so it’s worth having a look if you’re after a bargain.




I hope you've found this post helpful, I do own a few more brushes however they are ones that I have collected over the years without names. I wouldn't recommend going out and buying a whole set of expensive brushes just yet unless you know for certain that is what you need because you can find some great affordable brushes if you have a look around. Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment