Wednesday 14 January 2015

My Skincare Routine

Last summer I posted a skincare routine however recently I've mixed things up slightly and have found these products to work extremely well for me. My skin is pretty normal and I don't get spots frequently however it does sometimes turn dry in the cooler months but other than that, without sounds big headed, my skin is pretty good and I honestly think that's due to my good, regular skincare routine which I'm about to tell you all about.

Morning Routine 
I think that washing my face properly in the morning really helps to wake me up and look fresh for the day ahead, to start off I usually rise my face with warm water then get a small amount of the Clean & Clear Daily Exfoliating wash onto my fingers and gently massage it all over my face, avoiding the eye and mouth area then simply rise off using a flannel and warm water. Exfoliating with a proper scrub daily isn't great as its harsh on your skin however this wash has extremely small beads that brighten the skin to get rid of any nasties, my skin is also very used to this product as I've been using it for years so I know it's not causing any harm.
Secondly to give my face a proper wash and to get rid of any excess from the scrub, I get my Clean & Clear Deep Action Facial wash and again simply massage onto the face then rise off with warm water. I find this wash really clears my skin and leaves it looking fresh.
I've been using both of these products from Clean& Clear for many years now and I've always gone back to them as I know they work well on my skin and I'm sure its down to them that my skin has behaved so well throughout my teenage years and I couldn't recommend them both enough !

Finally, after coming out of the shower I always apply a moisturiser to ensure my skin is hydrated and this is the best time to apply your moisturiser as your pores will be open due to the warm shower and it will get the most out of the product. I'm constantly testing out new moisturisers but I always like them to be hydrating but still to absorb quickly into the skin, ready for makeup. The one I'm using at the moment is the Garnier Moisture Match for normal to dry skin- I really love the idea of this range from Garnier, they have several different moisturisers all catered for different skin types which I think is great as many people with more oily skin are usually scared of moisturiser so these are perfect for everyone.



Evening Routine 
I love the feeling of taking my makeup off at the end of a stressful day so my evening skincare routine is always something I look forward to. I have a few different products that I like to use depending on how much time I have or how luxury I want my routine to feel, for the quick and easy method I simply get some of The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Balm (I also love the oil version of this product) and gently massage it all over my face, including eyes, then rise off with warm water- this will remove every trace of your makeup, including waterproof eyemakeup. After I would lather on a rich moisturiser and then I'm done.

If I have a little more time I will start by removing eye makeup with either a Micellear Cleansing Water (I love the Garnier and Loreal ones), a cleansing oil or a eye makeup remover.
Next I'll grab my Liz Earl Cleanse & Polish and get about 2 pumps of product and massage it all over my face, then soak a muslin cloth in warm water and rinse. This is a lovely luxury cleanser which always makes me feel like I'm in a spa due to its herbal like smell and how it leaves my skin super soft.
La Roche Posay Serozinc is a cooling water spray with added ingredients to help prevent and treat troubled skin- I like to use this every now and then if my skin is playing up however with my skin being slightly dry I don't like to use it too often as it is designed for combination- oily skin and it can dry out mine sometimes.
A rich moisturiser in the evening is perfect for every skin type as it will work overnight to leave your skin feeling hydrated and smooth- I like creams from Nivea or if you're after a more luxury one, the Balance Me Moisture Rich face cream is lovely.





No comments:

Post a Comment