Wednesday 28 January 2015

What Drugstore Brand is Best for What?

I was inspired by Anna to do this post after she gave her views on what drugstore brand is best for what and I came up with fairly different opinions.
I always head towards different counters if I'm after something in particular- I know who does it best for me......





The Best for Foundation ..... I've tried and tested many foundations from all the drugstore brands however I always find Rimmel do the best. My favourites from Rimmel include Wake me Up and Match Perfection as they both give a lovely dewy finish and always feel nice on my skin.

The Best for Concealer ..... It's a close one between Rimmel and Collection. Rimmel Wake me Up concealer is a great creamy concealer that works well under eyes however doesn't give the highest coverage. On the other hand, Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer gives a brilliant high coverage although can tend to be slightly drying so it all depends what my skin is feeling at the time.

The Best for Eyes..... I love cream eye shadow as they last a long time and can also be used as a great base for other shadows to go on top. The best cream shadows in the drugstore come from Maybelline with their 24 hr Colour Tattoos- On and On Bronze is fantastic to create a quick glam eye and Creamy Beige Leather effect is a great nude to even out colour or to be used as a base.

The Best for Cheeks..... Sleek wins here hands down- they're face contour kit is great  and I use it nearly everyday to give the illusion of amazing cheekbones:') Sleek also have a good reputation when it comes to blush although I'm still yet to give them a try but they're on my wish list!

The Best for Mascara..... Finding the right mascara for you can be tricky, something that works for your best friend more than likely won't work for you- we all have our own preferences. For me, Maybellline mascaras do the trick and I'm never disappointed. I absolutely love The Falsies mascara and would rate it way above Benefit's They're Real which used to be my firm favourite.
I'm currently testing out a new mascara from Maybelline called the Lash Sensational which is going well so far- I'll more than likely give you an update in a future post to say what I think about it

The Best for Lipsticks ..... I'll be honest here, drugstore lippys never stand out to me and I always find myself going back to my trusty MAC ones, however Boujours released these 'lip gloss' matte lipsticks last year and I really like them. Boujours Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick's are easy to wear and leave a long lasting matte stain without feeling drying.
I have the colours Hot Pepper and Grand Cru- my favourite is Hot Pepper!


What do you think? Which brands do it for you with certain products?


No comments:

Post a Comment