Friday 27 June 2014

MAC Lipstick Collection & Mini Reviews

I absolutely love MAC lipsticks, they have a range of amazing colours and the quality is great. I'm going to show you the one’s I own and tell you quickly what I think of them.

MAC lipsticks aren't the cheapest with their £15 price tag however I do think that they are worth the money and are a more affordable high end lipstick if you want to treat yourself but not break the bank!!

The point of this post is to say which lipsticks I would recommend and which ones I wouldn't, I'm not intending to brag. I have collected these lipsticks over a few years and I am always careful when buying expensive makeup.

I'm going to mention the lipsticks in order, from left to right on the photos below. I have also inserted swatch photos of each lipstick so you can slightly see what they look like on the skin. Please be aware that lipstick's look different on everyone- you're skin tone may be different to mine so it's probably best to go and try the lipsticks on yourself in a MAC store to get a true look.  








The first one is called Girl About Town, it’s the perfect bright pink which I think would suit every skin tone. I haven’t worn this lipstick too much but when I have, I've loved it! I think that it would be a perfect summer colour and great for adding a pop of colour to your outfit. The formula of this lipstick is Amplified Creme which is one of my favourites. It’s very well pigmented but not drying and keeps your lips hydrated because it’s a very creamy formula.



Next is PLINK! This was my first ever MAC lipstick which I got over 2 years ago and I actually think it was my first ever purchase from MAC (very special for me!!!!haha!)  I absolutely love this one, I find myself grabbing this when I want something on my lips but can’t decide- it’s a beautiful warm, almost glittery pink.



I got Angel after hearing lots of good reviews about it however I was a little disappointed. It’s similar to Plink however I don’t like it as much. The colour looks very pretty on the stick but I find that it really doesn't suit my skin tone well and I think it's very sheer which I don't like. This lipstick is a frost finish which I don't usually like anyway- I find this formula very sheer and not well pigmented. I will admit that the swatch on the photo below doesn't look too sheer however I really don't like it on my lips. 



Going from bad to brilliant- Rebel is definitely one of my favourites and I’d love to say most worn if I was that confident but I only tend to wear it on special occasions. Rebel looks very scary on the stick but it’s a lot more wearable than you'd probably expect- It’s a beautiful deep vampy purple/deep pink. One of the best qualities is that it’s the longest wearing lipstick I've ever owned, it almost stains the lips which is perfect if you want to wear this to a meal out or for all day.

I love the Rebel lipstick so much that I got the lip glass in the same shade. This is perfect to apply over the lipstick if you want a glossier look. I do like this however it’s slightly sticky which I don’t like with lip glosses and it can get you into the ‘hair on lips’ situation!
I prefer the formula of Tanya Burr's lip-glosses because they aren't as sticky and are more wearable. 



Russian Red is the perfect red lipstick, it suit’s everyone and the formula is great. It’s a matte formula which may hint that the lipstick is drying however I have found that this isn't at all and it glides on the lips effortlessly. I love a classic red lip and this lipstick is the perfect one- I think that it should be a staple in every girl’s makeup bag.




Finally I have this Sheen Supreme lipstick in the shade Royal Azalea. I think that this was an impulse, unnecessary buy at Cheshire Oaks when I found it for a cheap price because I can never see myself wearing it. It’s a very bright barbie pink which could be used for media/ dramatic makeup however I can’t see myself wearing it regularly because it doesn't suit my skin tone.
Just because this one isn't for me, it may suit you. MAC customer service is great, if you go into a store and ask for help they will be more than happy to help you try on makeup and decide what suits you best. 




That’s all the lipsticks I have to show you. I am happy with what I own and currently don’t have any more MAC lipsticks on my wish list however if you can think of any others which you would recommend, leave them in the comments and you may be able to persuade me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment