Wednesday 4 June 2014

Kylie Jenner Inspried Makeup Turorial


I want to experiment with makeup more so I thought that today I would attempt a celebrity inspired look. I really love Kylie Jenner’s style and makeup at the moment so I thought that she would be the perfect person’s makeup to try and recreate.

Kylie Jenner always has really flawless skin, bright highlighted under eyes and cheekbones, defined eyebrows, perfect eye liner and big fluttery lashes.

Before I started my makeup, I moisturised my face then used the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which helps keep the makeup on all day and creates a nice, smooth base.
I used the MAC studio sculpt foundation with a Real Techniques expert face brush and applied 2 thin coats onto my face. It’s better to apply 2 thin coats rather than 1 thick one because you don’t want your face to look cakey.







Kylie has very bright under eyes and cheekbones so I used a lot of my Rimmel wake me up concealer under my eyes, along my cheekbones, down my nose and above my cupids bow. I then blended it all in with a fluffy foundation brush. If you need more coverage, I would recommend the Collection lasting perfection concealer. 


I don’t usually use bronzer but Kylie likes to contour her face so that’s what I did today! I used the Boujours chocolate bronzer (I have shade 51- the lightest shade) which is very good considering most drugstore bronzers are too shimmery; this one is really nice and matte. I used the Eco Tools blush brush which I love because it’s so soft and applies products very well. To contour, I sucked in my cheeks and drew a ‘line’ on the hollows of my cheekbones. Then I got an Elf Blush Brush and blended it in to make it more natural.


Kylie doesn’t always seem to have much colour in her cheeks so I only used a tiny bit of the Benefit benetint, I applied it onto my cheeks (about 2 fingers away from my nose) then blended it in with my fingers to give a natural flush. Finally for my face; I used a tiny bit of the Seventeen 3 way highlighter onto my cheekbones and down my nose. 






I used the Benefit Gimmie Brow for my eyebrows in this look and I applied two coats to get thick, defined brows.

I got my eyebrows threaded this weekend so they are in good shape, however I could have used a bit of MAC Charcoal brown eye shadow with an angled brush to give a bit more shade and definition. 

Now onto eyes; as always, I start with MAC’s painterly paint pot to prime my eye lids then I move onto MAC’s Satin Taupe eye shadow which I apply into the crease with a MAC 217 blending brush. Kylie usually goes for a neutral shadow so I’m just sticking with one colour here with the exception of using a little amount of Vanilla from Soap & Glory for a highlight on the brow bone. Blending is essential- I keep going over with a clean blending brush so there are no harsh lines.

I have mentioned before that I am HOPELESS at eye liner but I couldn’t do a Kylie Jenner inspired look without it so I was brave and gave it a go! Surprisingly, the Primark felt eye liner pen is very good (for me anyway) and for only £1.50, you can’t go wrong. I tried to create a thin line along the lash line and slightly flicked out at the corner, I didn’t attempt a full on wing, maybe next time I will be more confident.

I think Kylie wears false eyelashes a lot (or she has extremely good lashes!) but I don’t have any so I just attempted to create the thickest and dramatic lashes that I could.

Rimmel Day to Night paired with Soap & Glory Thick and Fast mascara really is the dream combination and they create amazing ‘false lash’ effect lashes. 








In the picture that I am going from of Kylie, she is wearing a bold, bright red lip. I used a Maybelline lip liner in bold red then went over with MAC Russian Red. The liner creates a sharp edge and makes it easier to fill in the lips afterwards. Russian Red is my favourite red lipstick, it’s such a bold beautiful colour and it’s also matte which I really like. 







That’s it! I would have maybe used a powder If I had gone out like this but I do really love the makeup overall and can see myself becoming more into eyeliner and contour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment