Thursday 12 June 2014

Makeup Storage/ Collection

Last weekend my parents kindly let me turn our front room into my ‘makeup room’. It’s not being used for anything particularly so it’s the perfect room. I've brought all my makeup from my bedroom and organised it neatly onto a desk in the corner of the new room, I've also set up my tripod in front of a plain backdrop to hopefully encourage me to start making beauty videos in the future. 
I have my own eBay business so I needed a place to store all the clothes/items that I'm selling so I'm also keeping that stuff in this room.

In this post I'm going to be showing you how I store my makeup and briefly showing you a few of my favourite products from my collection.
I’d like to say quickly that this is not me bragging about what I own at all, I am always conscious of what I buy and the things in my collection have been built up over a period of time.
Saying this, I know that I don’t have the biggest makeup collection but I am very happy with that I have got.







So as you can see in the photo’s, I have a small desk in the corner of the room with all my makeup on, my brushes and I also have a circler mirror on the wall which I love. I keep all of my makeup in clear acrylic storage because it’s very practical and it’s easy to see inside.

I’ll start with this lipstick holder- I keep all of my lipsticks in here and also a few other mini things like samples and lip balms. I love this holder and I got it from amazon- click here if you want to have a look and buy it yourself.I don’t have a massive collection of lipsticks because I don’t tend to wear them too often but a few of my favourites at the moment are; MAC Girl About Town, Rimmel In Love With Ginger, MAC Russian Red and Natural Collection Raspberry. The Rimmel orange toned lipstick is a perfect one for summer and I really love the formula- its super moisturising!







Behind the lipstick holder I have this trio compartment open box which I got from Ikea. In here I keep mascaras that I'm using at the moment, all of my lip glosses and a few random things like funky coloured eyeliners and lip liners. My most used mascaras are Rimmel’s Day to Night mascara, Soap & Glory Thick and Fast and a new favourite which is Natural Collection’s Lash definition mascara.

I don’t wear lip gloss very often but 3 of my favourites are Tanya Burr’s Picnic in the Park, Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker and MAC Lip glass in Rebel. I like the more natural lip glosses for an everyday look, Tanya Burr has a lot of lovely neutrals in her new collection.











On the desk I've got the moisturiser which I'm using at the moment- its The Body Shop’s Illuminating Moisture cream which has tiny light reflectors in which gives you a nice glow that slightly comes through your makeup. I'm still testing this out to get my full opinion but I’ll hopefully be reviewing it very soon.




The main storage boxes in the middle of my desk are both from Muji which you can find in London (I think?) and also online at http://www.muji.eu/.  I really love Muji storage; their stuff is very practical and comes in lots of different designs. I have two acrylic 2 draw boxes with flippy lids which were £11.50 each.

I keep the majority of my makeup in these boxes. Starting with the one on the right- In the top compartment I tend to keep the things I use the most and are my favourites because they’re the easiest to get to. In here I've got my MAC quad pallet (now complete!), foundation, bronzer, concealer, powder and a few more things as you can see in the picture.






In the draw below I like to keep brand new products which I'm not ready to use yet, for example if my favourite concealer or powder was on offer in Boots I’d buy it and store it in here until I've finished my current one. I like doing this because it saves money and you always know you've got a new product if you’re almost out of the current one. I also have 2 old foundations in the back (probably not in their best state!) and a Ted Baker beauty bronzer which is nice but I have other favourites at the moment so I'm not using it right now.





Now onto my second Muji box; in the top of this one I have a few random bits and bobs including my Boujours chocolate bronzer which is good if you’re after a great drugstore bronzer and in here I also have 3 foundations which are nearly empty and I need to try and remind myself to finish them! I really like the blush from Seventeen here in the shade China Pink, it’s really well pigmented and is beautiful colour.





Under this draw I mainly have lots of different pallets including the MUA neutral eye shadow pallet which is really good and I need to remind myself to use it more often because it’s a great, affordable product. I have two eyebrow kits in here which I don’t use anymore but they are very good however I prefer the quicker method of using my Benefit Gimmie Brow gel.






The final products that I’ve got to show you are in this little box in the far corner of the desk. This is actually an empty ferrero rocher box which I thought would be a perfect mini storage box- and it is! In here I keep a few bright colourful loose pigment eye shadows. I would possibly like to go into the media makeup industry in the future and these are perfect to practice fun and bright eye looks with. If you want me to do a colourful makeup tutorial on my blog, leave a comment below and I will try and have a go.






Finally I have my makeup brushes stored in these pretty white plant pots from Ikea. I keep my face brushes in one pot and my eye brushes in the other. I’ve picked out a few of my favourites which include the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Eco Tools Tapered Blush Brush, Ted Baker Beauty Blush Brush, MAC 217 Blending Brush (dupe) and the Elf Small Angled Brush.







And we’re done! I hope you enjoyed finding out how I store my makeup and having a sneaky peak into my collection. 

Speak to you soon! X



No comments:

Post a Comment