Tuesday 3 June 2014

May Favourites

So It's now June and I'm going to tell you exactly what I've been loving in the month of May. I do have quite a lot of things to talk about this month so settle down and I hope you enjoy this post :) 





I’ll start with something that I have been using a lot over the past two months and I can honestly say it’s the best foundation I’ve ever used. I’m talking about the MAC studio sculpt foundation if you have not already guessed (I’ve mentioned it a lot in my post’s recently!). This is my first ever high end foundation and I am very happy with the results and I think it was worth the money. The formula is perfect for my dry skin, it blends in well, doesn’t stick to dry patches, gives a good buildable coverage and is very moisturising. I also really love the smell of it because it reminds me of holidays!

I am so happy that I decided to buy a Tanya Burr lip gloss because I really love it considering that I usually hate lip gloss. I’ve got Picnic in the Park which is a pretty pink and is very easy to wear. I love the formula because it's not too sticky which is what I usually hate about lip glosses and it is also very well pigmented.

A mascara combination which gives me the biggest, boldest lashes is my trusty Rimmel Day to Night lengthening mascara wand then using the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast mascara on top. I love both of these mascaras but together, they give the dream combination! 

I only bought MAC's Stain Taupe eye shadow last week but I've already completely fallen in love with it so I thought I'd include it in this post.
I've heard people saying that this shadow is a staple and easy to wear; I couldn't agree more.It's a perfect subtle purple colour which is so beautiful blended into the crease. I've found myself wearing it everyday that I've worn makeup since buying it. If you want to buy just one thing from MAC, I'd 100% recommend the Satin Taupe eye shadow, It's a great staple and would be good for beginners. 
I've decided to start an quad eye shadow pallet so you can probably see that Satin Taupe is looking a little lonely in there!

The last makeup product I have to talk about is the Seventeen 3 way Highlighter. I've heard a lot of negative comments on this highlighter, although I really like it!
I do agree when people say that it's too shimmery and it's not great as a primer. However if you use a tiny amount and blend it in onto the top of your cheekbones and on your brow bone, you will get a great glow.
I can not say enough though, you only need the SMALLEST amount because If you over do it, you will look like you've got glitter all over your face which isn't the best look to go for!



This month I’ve rediscovered Palmers cocoa butter. I’ve used the body butter before and loved it so I decided to pick it up again in Boots because it was on offer. The thing I love most about it is the amazing smell; it reminds me of summer and smells so indulgent and yummy! (It probably wouldn’t taste too yummy though!). This butter is also very moisturising and keeps your skin smooth and soft all day long. Another product from Palmers is their lip balms/butters which I have been using a lot this month; I have the original lip balm and the dark chocolate peppermint lip butter. They are both really good lip products to use before lipstick or just on their own; I especially love the chocolate one because it smells just like after eights!

Another body product which I really like at the moment is the Original Source Lime shower gel. It’s a great refreshing gel which smells great and leaves your skin squeaky clean J It’s also only £1 in boots right now so I think I’ll be stocking up with more scents because I really loved this one.

I decided to give the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream a try this month after hearing a lot of amazing reviews about it. The cream claims to be used for chapped lips, smoothing out rough spots and can also be used on finger nail cuticles. I’ve been using it mainly for a lip balm and I’ve also found it’s great for setting eyebrows in place. If you want, it’s great for a deep face moisturiser to use overnight. This cream can be very greasy so you only need a tiny amount, which is good because it will obviously last a long time.



I have 2 fashion favourites this month, one being my Ju Ju jelly sandals which I got from ASOS for £20. Some people may think that paying £20 for sandals when you can buy identical ones for £5 in other shops is silly but trust me, they are worth the money. I previously had a pair of cheap jellies and they lasted just over a month and were not very comfortable to walk in. Ju Ju’s are extremely comfy and I can see them lasting me a lot longer than my last pair. They look great with most outfits and look very ‘cute’ paired with little frilly socks J

My second fashion favourite is stripey t-shirts. I’ve found that they are very easy to wear and are very flattering. My most worn and favourite is this one that I bought last year from Topshop, I’ve paired it with a pair of floral shorts which clashes very well :’) !

A TV series which I have been watching a lot this month is Made in Cheslea. I've watched it since the very first series and I own the box set up, I really love the show, It's so funny and there's always something going on! The current series has been really good, I'm so sad that It's about to end!!!! Does anyone have any TV recommendations for me? 



Finally I have two new food/drink obsessions, the first one is everything coconut! I discovered coconut milk (I use Alpro) this month which is amazing, it’s so rich and creamy and I love using it in porridge which I also like to top with desiccated coconut. If you’re like me and love coconut; I’d definitely recommend the new Starbucks mocha coconut frappuccino which is so good and perfect to grab whilst out shopping J  

I’ve been making my own iced coffee at home a lot by simply making a normal cup of coffee (with milk and sweetener) then chilling and freezing it for about an hour. I really love coffee however in the warmer months I prefer something cooler so this is perfect for me!




That’s everything in my May favourites; I hope that you’ve all had a great month, have you made any new beauty discoveries? Let me know in the comments below if you have and if you would recommend them J

No comments:

Post a Comment