Thursday 19 June 2014

What's In My Travel Bag?

This weekend I am going to Paris with my dad to help my brother who has been living there for the past year pack up his stuff to come home.

I always struggle deciding what to take in my hand luggage so I thought I’d do a post showing you what I'm going to be taking this weekend.

I got this backpack from New Look recently for just £15, I wanted to get a practical bag for this trip because I will probably have my hands full, carrying bags and suitcases for my brother so I wanted my own bag to be easy to carry around and out of the way. I really like this bag, it’s got a beautiful white lace/crochet detail and I can see myself using it a lot in the future as well as for this trip.




I will be getting the plane to Paris and then I'm travelling back home on the megabus which is going to be a very long journey! (Any tips for surviving the megabus?!). Obviously I can’t take liquids onto the plane so the liquids which I'm showing you now will be either going into our suitcases or into little plastic bags for security.

Whenever I'm travelling, I hate wearing makeup because my skin gets so dehydrated- especially on planes. For this reason, I don’t like to wear any makeup whilst travelling so I won’t be showing you my makeup bag here however I will put it into our suitcase for me to use when we arrive. If you want to see what I tend to keep inside my makeup bag- click here 







The first thing I've pulled out of my bag is my Wreak This Journal. I've had this for a while now but hardly used it; I really love the idea and I am hoping to start doodling away this weekend.

I've still got two purses so I've obviously got these in here, however I will need to pick up some euros before I go. This floral purse is actually one of those handy clutch purses which fits your phone inside but I just use it for my cards and money because I love the design so much. Then I have a plain black pouch to keep all my change inside.

I love clipping back parts of my hair with these big clips so I've thrown a few of them in here for when I want to get my hair out of my face.

Hand sanitizer is a must when travelling, here I've got The Body Shop Mango hand cleanse gel which smells SO good and is great for keeping your hands squeaky clean!

To use after the hand sanitizer I've got the Burt’s Bees Almond & Milk Hand Cream which is perfect for travelling because it’s in this tiny pot. You also only need a small amount each time and it smells amazing.




I am currently learning to drive and have been for over 6 weeks now so I need to start learning my theory. I have the highway code hand book in my bag which I will hopefully read this weekend. I really love driving and I would definitely recommend it if you are unsure whether or not to start learning due to anxieties because it really helped my confidence and hopefully it will help yours.

However I will probably be more tempted to read my new Glamour magazine rather than the highway code which has the beautiful Alexa Chung on the front cover. I also got a free Eyeko eye liner with this magazine which I actually really like!

Of course I have my camera in my bag- I practically take it everywhere, you never know when there may be a photo opportunity! I will try and take some snaps of Paris this weekend however I may be slightly busy but if I do, I’ll definitely put them into a blog post next week.

I really like having a packet of wipes when I'm travelling because you never know when you may need them. I have a packet of Boots own cleansing handy wipes which help remove dirt and bacteria- great!

I like to keep a little compact mirror in my bag so I've got this little one which I've had for a very long time and I love it.

Wrigleys Extra White Bubblemint chewing gum is my addiction! I go through at least one pot a week because I absolutely love it. I'm taking a pot with me this weekend to keep my breath nice and fresh throughout the journey. I do however only have a few left in this pot so I’ll probably have to buy a new one before I go.

The Body Shop Coconut Body mist will probably be making an appearance in this month’s favourites because I have been using it nonstop- nearly every day! It’s the perfect light summer scent which isn't too overpowering however it does linger on you for a long time so you don’t have to re apply too much. I like to feel and smell as fresh as I can when travelling- especially on long journeys so this will be great for me this weekend.

I am obsessed with coffee and I suspect that I will be drinking a fair few cups this weekend considering I will be in the city which is known for their good coffee! (I can’t wait!)- I like to sweeten my drinks so I always keep a sweetener dispenser (I think that’s what It’s called?) in my bag when I'm travelling.

I have downloaded a few episodes of Gossip Girl onto my Iphone after my friend recommended the program to me, hopefully that will keep me occupied on my 9+ hour coach journey (yes, it’s that long!). Of course I’ll need my headphones to watch Gossip Girl and listen to my favourite songs, I have been loving Pharrell Williams recently so I'm sure his album will be played a lot this weekend.
I have these pink Panasonic headphones which are good- I'm not an expert on headphones but these work fine for me!

Hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend so I've got my favourite Primark sunglasses in here- I really love them so hopefully I will get to wear them :) 

I really wanted a nice notebook which didn't have any scribblings or drawings I created 5 years ago so I went and got this funky glittery notebook from Paperchase. I really love it; it's covered in purple glitter and has a little drawing of the Eiffel Tower on the front which is really cute and very relevant for me considering I am going to Paris! 
In this book I'm hoping to jot down a few things to remember for my driving theory test and It could also be useful If I'm bored and fancy doodling. 

I'll probably be walking a lot this weekend so I need to make sure my feet will be comfy- I've got a packet of extra tough waterproof plasters in my bag in case my shoes rub my feet. 

Finally I've got a few mini's to show you. I got this summer essentials Nivea travel set from Primark for just over £4- It has lots of mini products inside including sun cream, deodorant, lip balm, hand cream, shower cream and face wipes. I think it's a great little set and it claims that all of the products are suitable for plane hand luggage. I will probably just take the sun cream, face wipes, deodorant and lip balm because I can see myself using them on my journeys. 




I think that's everything! I've probably forgotten something but I hope this has helped you out if you're off on your travels soon and were unsure what to take in your hand luggage. 

I will also be taking lots of water and snacks to keep me going throughout the journey but I've not packed them yet- I really like energy/ protein snack bars like CLIF, Trek and Eat Natural because they're super healthy and give you a good slow releasing boost. 

Thank's for reading! 
Speak to you soon! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment